DH-TPC-DF1241 (not S2) Firmware Download?

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.
Im searching for a Firmware Download for the DH-TPC-DF1241, but if i go to the Product Page on the Dahua Website it only has a Firmware File for the S2 to download.
I dont know why but i have 1 of 4 Cams with a newer Firmware .So there must be an Update somewhere.
See in Screenshot:

Any Help appreciated

greets

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You really need to be asking yourself why are you updating? If it is just for grins and giggles or OCD behavior to be running the latest firmware, think twice.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind.
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update.
  • Dahua 5442 that will not allow playback of the SD card.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.
Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642062778963.png

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that some sort of automatic Reply to Firmware Questions?

.Dahua itself recommend to update if possible.
.They not just fix security Issues.
.They often bring new Functions and qol changes.
.Also bringing new AI models for iVS.
.Stability improvements.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No it is not an automated response, but rather it is the best practices of many of us here.

Look at that list of cameras effed up because someone updated for kicks and grins. Most here keep cameras off the internet so no need to update. And if our cameras are stable and work, don't fix what ain't broke!

Personally I would rather keep autotracking on my 49225 than update firmware as Dahua suggests and then lose the sole feature why I purchased that camera... or keep the ability to read US plates. Or the person that bought a wifi cam that lost wifi due to an update.

Name me a camera that added AI via firmware update...nice try but they will add that to a new model so you buy it...

Show me a release note that shows what it actually fixes other than security updates and misc. bug fixes. Rarely do you see detailed notes and if so probably doesn't address an issue one had. Of course they will say to update so they CYA over a security patch.

But if you decide to update, your best bet is to ask the vendor you purchased from.

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
I didnt say AI got added via Firmware, i said the models or algorithms for the detection got upgraded.
Lots of Models got an update early this year from smd 2.0 to smd 3.0

I got Problems with those Thermals Cams so i wanna try to update.

However maybe i wait till work Days and ask our distributor.
Thought i can get some Help here on the Weekend...

greets

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah and many found 2.0 worked better than 3.0. I was one of them and almost bricked my camera going back to 2.0. Mine with 2.0 worked flawlessly for my field of view and 3.0 missed a lot. That was my lesson learned not to fix what ain't broke. YMMV.

Yeah those original thermals suck and a firmware update won't fix them. I understand the S2 is way better.

See this thread for more info showing how much work was done to try to improve them:

Last edited:

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Damn that sounds like a Horrostory with those Thermal Cameras.
At least the Fire Detection works... for me but the IVS ...no way

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the IVS is so ridiculous hit or miss with the non S2 version. I am still shocked how poor it is.

You saw some of those field of views were about as perfect as could be and would miss 50% of the time. It is shocking how bad they are. But the member with the new S2 seems to have great success, so something seriously changed between the two.

At this point, I would say if the fire detection is what you need and it works, don't tempt fate LOL. Or see if you can send back the non S2 and roll the dice they send you some S2 versions!