DHI-NVR2216-16P-I SMD (AI by Recorder) issue

zaqik

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DHI-NVR2216-16P-I
The datasheet says
SMD Plus
Performance - 4 channels
Am I right that NVR should be able to do Smart Motion Detection (Human and/or vehicle recognition) on four channels? Because when I try to set it up on more than two channels it says "Reached max capability of AI analysis."

Please note that same datasheet mention Perimeter Protection (Intrusion and/or Tripwire) on maximum 2 channels. I'm talking not about IVS, but about SMD! Also, I tried the latest firmware from this page, and issue still exists.

I need SMD done by the Recorder (not camera) on 4 channels total. Am I able to set it up on my DHI-NVR2216-16P-I? Or I understand "SMD Plus" ability wrong?

What I'm asking here is an explanation how should I understand "SMD Plus" statement from the datasheets to be able to pick the appropriate NVR for my needs (SMD by NVR itself on 4 channels total).

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you running IVS (perimeter protection) on two channels?

I think on those lower end NVRs it’s one or the other not both at the same time.

zaqik

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you running IVS (perimeter protection) on two channels?
No, i'm running SMD. IVS runs on two channels total as per datasheet and I have no questions about it. My question is about SMD.
it’s one or the other not both at the same time.
That's right. It's either SMD or IVS.

Let's put it in other words. I need to do SMD by Recorder on X channels. How can I tell which NVR on the market can do it by reviewing their datasheets?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand that you wanted SMD for 4 channels in total. Your NVR is capable of that. As long as you don't have IVS or any other AI functions running together. Turn of IVS and your original issue will be resolved.

zaqik

n3wb
Reaction score
Turn of IVS and your original issue will be resolved.
I've mentioned in the previous post that SMD can't run with any other AI function simultaneously. If you try to enable them that way, you get different kind of error, explaining you're doing it wrong.

So no other AI function enable beside SMD. I even disabled AI by camera for all other IPCs, but still can't do SMD by Recorder on more than two channels.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe

Channels 1,2,3,4 all running SMD = OK
Only IF channels 5-16 NO AI by Recorder (NO IVS NO SMD)

zaqik

n3wb
Reaction score
Channels 1,2,3,4 all running SMD = OK
That's the combination I haven't tried. Surprisingly, it works just like that! My SMD by Recorder has been enabled on channels 4 and 5, when I tried to enable it on some other channel atop of it - I've got the error. But enabling SMD on first 4 channels went without errors. Thanks for the tip, never thought the order is important. But it's Dahua, you can never be sure of anything...

Maybe someone will google this thread, so basically you can enable SMD by Recorder on:
a) First 4 channels (4 total)
b) First 2 and any further two, e.g. 1,2,15,16 (4 total)
c) Any two, e.g. 4,5 (2 total)

Last edited: