DHI-NVR5432-16P-4KS2 won't boot up after upgrade

kamils

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so apologies if not following the rules.

I decided to upgrade my Dahua DHI-NVR5432-16P-4KS2 to v4.0. I did it via ConfigTool and once the NVR rebooted it won't boot up.
It stuck on DAHUA 4 logo and after several seconds it reboots again. Think the upgrade didn't go very well.

This is the firmware I used: DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_NP_V4.000.0000000.1.R.20190809.bin
And this is the firmware I had before: 3.215.0000001.0

I tried using the RS232 connection but it wasn't showing anything on the console.
Anything else I could try before sending to the repair?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried using the RS232 connection but it wasn't showing anything on the console.
If this is by using the DB9 connector on the back panel, you will likely need to use either a null-modem cable to connect your RS232 interface, or swap pins 2 and 3 on the connection.

rmz

n3wb
Reaction score
I've the same problem :( I've upgrade it and now appears the V4 logo and nvr reboot... Any ideas?

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Same problem after same update ....
The connection with the NVR via the serial cable is ok, i found lot of tuto for cam but no for NVR.
I download firmware : DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000006.0.R.20190223 and unzip, so i have this file : PartionTable.bin, flash.bin, install.lua, DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000006.0.R.20190223 - Copie.bin, but i think the NVR needs other file or other name with commande in console like this :

da=tftp u-boot.bin.img; flwrite
dr=tftp romfs-x.squashfs.img; flwrite
du=tftp user-x.squashfs.img; flwrite
dw=tftp web-x.squashfs.img; flwrite
dl=tftp logo-x.squashfs.img; flwrite
ds=tftp slave-x.squashfs.img; flwrite
dc=tftp custom-x.squashfs.img; flwrite
up=tftp update.img; flwrite
tk=tftp uImage; bootm
pm=tftp 575s_PMX.bin.img; flwrite
dx=tftp u-boot_slave.bin.img; flwrite

If i can help and work with someon on this ?

Regards

Reaction score
If this is by using the DB9 connector on the back panel, you will likely need to use either a null-modem cable to connect your RS232 interface, or swap pins 2 and 3 on the connection.
Hi alastairstevenson,

Could you please show us on how to fix this issue since a lot of members have this problem. Not all are tech savvy when coming to work with TFTP. Maybe you have a walkthrough or some upgrade files to give us?

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson,

Could you please show us on how to fix this issue since a lot of members have this problem. Not all are tech savvy when coming to work with TFTP. Maybe you have a walkthrough or some upgrade files to give us?
Hi all
I sucessed
I was connected in serial port 115200/8/N/1
Stop autoboot with * key
Started tftp server on my Pc with ip 192.168.1.1 255.355.255.0 pointed to unziped files downloaded from dahua
Passed run dc (download customs....)
Run dr (download Roms..)
Run up (download image.img)

nvr copied files on flash, rebooted and all was ok

if it can help someone i ll be happy

regards

Reaction score
Hi all
I sucessed
I was connected in serial port 115200/8/N/1
Stop autoboot with * key
Started tftp server on my Pc with ip 192.168.1.1 255.355.255.0 pointed to unziped files downloaded from dahua
Passed run dc (download customs....)
Run dr (download Roms..)
Run up (download image.img)

nvr copied files on flash, rebooted and all was ok

if it can help someone i ll be happy

regards
Good morning Alexis,

Many thanks for your suggestion, I will try later on today for sure.

Regards,

Duncan

Reaction score
I successed so you must to
Have a good day
Hi again Alexis,

I managed to connect the NVR via putty and managed to stop it from rebooting, thanks for that lead. But I cannot find the unziped files which you downloaded from Dahua. And regarding the TFTP server what tool did you use please ?

Thanks again Alexis

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry for the delay :-(
Here you can find the name of the file ai downloaded from dahua : General_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.0.R.20190930, i m looking for on my pc :rolleyes:
I used "opentftpserverMT", but i thinks it should be working fine with any TFTP server.

I posted the link or the firmware as soon as find it.

Regards

2tone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi having the same problem myself, I can connect using putty ok and can also stop the output in the terminal seem to be having problems with the tftp server not connecting. what is your full ip set up on your pc? did you set any ip up in the nvr using the terminal? also did you run the reset command on the nvr before you started?

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Here you can find the zip file i used for firmware 4.0.zip and the tftp server tftpserver.zip
Hi having the same problem myself, I can connect using putty ok and can also stop the output in the terminal seem to be having problems with the tftp server not connecting. what is your full ip set up on your pc? did you set any ip up in the nvr using the terminal? also did you run the reset command on the nvr before you started?
hi,
The nvr jas 192.168.1.108 255.255.255.0 and look aftrr tftp server on 192.168.1.1
Yes i think you can pass reset command.
To be sûre i used whireshark.
Regardd

2tone

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alexis59 ended up having to set a rule in windows firewall to allow tftp to work, was able to flash file but still stuck in boot loop going to try another firmware see dose that help.

Last edited:

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alexis59 ended up having to set a rule in windows firewall to allow tftp to work, was able to flash file but still stuck in boot loop going to try another firmware see dose that help.
Ok, Windows,what command did you passed on putty ?

Reaction score
Hi 2tone, Hi Alexis, Don't be sorry for your late reply.

2tone ----- I think I have found the flash files (.img) but before I start flashing I need to know what commands you used to flash the NVR.

Alexis ----- Are these files the ones we are looking for ? My NVR is NVR5216-16P-4KS2. Link to files below. Please note, I think I have found the gold mine with all the images and old firmware everyone is looking for :)

Copy and paste the above in your URL.

Waiting patiently for your reply guys :)

Thanks for your support

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi 2tone, Hi Alexis, Don't be sorry for your late reply.

2tone ----- I think I have found the flash files (.img) but before I start flashing I need to know what commands you used to flash the NVR.

Alexis ----- Are these files the ones we are looking for ? My NVR is NVR5216-16P-4KS2. Link to files below. Please note, I think I have found the gold mine with all the images and old firmware everyone is looking for :)

Copy and paste the above in your URL.

Waiting patiently for your reply guys :)

Thanks for your support
Hi,
No is not because your files are old version, i will chearch on my pc, but how i can share here ?
No problem your forum help me so if i can help you now
Regards

Reaction score
Hi,
No is not because your files are old version, i will chearch on my pc, but how i can share here ?
No problem your forum help me so if i can help you now
Regards
Hi Alexis,

You can attach files here when typing your message.

But I want to know what commands you use on putty and steps taken on TFTP server.

If we can help each other on private message my friend :)

Thanks

alexis59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alexis,

You can attach files here when typing your message.

But I want to know what commands you use on putty and steps taken on TFTP server.

If we can help each other on private message my friend :)

Thanks
Ok i ll reply tomorow in france is time to dodo « bonne nuit »
Regards my friends