Did I buy the right update/support?

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
Had the main SSD on my server die yesterday (OCZ 512gb). and had a recent backup.

Installed the new SSD, new OS 10 and then installed BI 5. I was on 4 previously.
Found my old key, was told it was version 4 and that I had to pay for support to upgrade. Ok, went online to see if this support was to be yearly or a one time. Ok cool, one time.

However, what I thought was $29.95 was charged $40.30 to my credit card (USD)

Did I make mistake or?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Had the main SSD on my server die yesterday (OCZ 512gb). and had a recent backup.

Installed the new SSD, new OS 10 and then installed BI 5. I was on 4 previously.
Found my old key, was told it was version 4 and that I had to pay for support to upgrade. Ok, went online to see if this support was to be yearly or a one time. Ok cool, one time.

However, what I thought was $29.95 was charged $40.30 to my credit card (USD)

Did I make mistake or?
What country are you located? What is your exchange rate?

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought it in USD. I'm questioning whether the 29.95 was the correct item to purchase or the 39.95 was the one I needed. I couldn't upgrade as my SSD stopped responding last night.

TBH, I'm not sure i'm going to use any of the V5 features, but I have noticed it seems to chew up less CPU.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can the sales team/support advise on this?
There is no "sales team". Blue iris is run by a single person. This forum is not affiliated with blue iris and has nothing to do with your upgrade package.
You are not looking at the website correct. There is no 39.99 option. There is a 29.99 which will charge you automatically yearly unless you cancel or a 35 one time charge. Both will allow an upgrade. This is explained very clearly on the blue iris website. If you dont have a working copy of BI4 running you will either need to install it first THEN enter the upgrade key, then use the OLD key that is now an upgraded key to install BI5 or email support so they can upgrade your key.

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
Was just trying to clarify why the $34.95 one time charge option that I purchased came to be $40.xx. I wanted to make sure what it was that I was buying. I don't need the support as my system previously was rock stable and not upgraded. Until the SSD failed, which now i'm taking the time to upgrade the system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was just trying to clarify why the $34.95 one time charge option that I purchased came to be $40.xx. I wanted to make sure what it was that I was buying. I don't need the support as my system previously was rock stable and not upgraded. Until the SSD failed, which now i'm taking the time to upgrade the system.
Digital river which is the service he uses charges tax and exchange fees. You are outside the us, so unless you paid from an account with US currency you will be charged an exchange. All this info is present at checkout and on your receipt. No need to wonder or guess.

nadats

n3wb
Reaction score
I used a US card while using a VPN to the US. I don't mind the extra charges, i just want to make sure I bought what I thought.

I'll take it up with them since this is not the support forum.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I used a US card while using a VPN to the US. I don't mind the extra charges, i just want to make sure I bought what I thought.

I'll take it up with them since this is not the support forum.
of course you bought the correct plan ANY of the plans provide the upgrade as explain VERY CLEARLY on the blue iris website. It just doesnt get more clear than that. But if you insist on bugging him, go ahead.