Did I damage my NVR? Keeps resetting.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has worked fine for many many months.

Today I needed to enlarge a hole through the wall where the camera CAT cables pass through. The drill bit caught one of the cables. I see exposed wires on the cable. Did not investigate further to see if there are shorts. Image from that camera still displays on screen. However, now the NVR reboots about every 10 minutes. I unplugged the camera with the damaged cable but it continues to reboot about every 10 minutes or so.

After a reboot, the status light on the from panel is not on, but after a couple of minutes it lights up solid red. Then about 4 minutes later the NVR reboots. The stautus light used to blink but now goes to a solid red. According to the manual this means data is being written to the hard drive, but for the most part there is no motion on the cameras.

Did I damage my NVR beyond repair? DS-7600NI-SEP

No short circuit protection?

Update: After unplugging and plugging in different cameras to different ports on the NVR, it appears that input 2 is faulty. This port was not affected by the drill bit. I guess I live with No Link in position 2 or relace the NVR. :(

Update 2: I switched camera 3 to input 2 and camera 2 to input 3. So far all is well. Very strange. I will put camera 2 back to input 2 later. No idea why this would matter...

Last edited by a moderator: