Did We Really Land on the Moon?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This video posted by Nelly's Security is really mind-boggling, claims that the video was recorded at midnight and that the light source is from the moon. Here's my perception: On the upper-left corner of the video you can see the daylight in the clouds. Then you see the shadow from the tree limbs as a result from the sun's rays casting on the ground. The camera's placement is in a poorly-lit area which is causing the noise. What are your thoughts? Shutter-speed modification? Convince me :p

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This video posted by Nelly's Security is really mind-boggling, claims that the video was recorded at midnight and that the light source is from the moon. Here's my perception: On the upper-left corner of the video you can see the daylight in the clouds. Then you see the shadow from the tree limbs as a result from the sun's rays casting on the ground. The camera's placement is in a poorly-lit area which is causing the noise. What are your thoughts? Shutter-speed modification? Convince me :p

I have some picture posted here from a uniview camera that gets those same effects, That IS real but under a full moon, My Uniview cam also turns Night into day, Under right conditions it really does look like day, those shadows you see from Nelleys are from moonlight not sunlight. Enough said.

---> Uniview Starlight technology

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, Full Moon, that can be convincing especially in the presence of mostly clear skies :)

I have some picture posted here from a uniview camera that gets those same effects, That IS real but under a full moon, My Uniview cam also turns Night into day, Under right conditions it really does look like day, those shadows you see from Nelleys are from moonlight not sunlight. Enough said.

---> Uniview Starlight technology

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, Full Moon, that can be convincing especially in the presence of mostly clear skies :)
Yea I think I have some video saved from last months full moon, with snow on the ground, Its looks like its daytime for sure, I have a working relationship with Nelleys, Sean would not do that if it were not true, his video is under perfect moonlight conditions. You will not get that effect in total darkness.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd be more convinced if I saw a vehicle in the background with its headlights on.

And Nelly's doesn't provide a model number of the cam which tells me they are playing games with people.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who the seller is as this is technically a Hikvision ColorVu camera. If I had to try one I would buy from Andy. I think my main concern is how this model is marketed and promoted through that video. A novice will be easily convinced but then be disappointed later without realizing the true variables involved behind the picture.
The reviews seem to complement what I notice in terms of graininess which is to be expected. However, a novice would expect to get crisp and crystal-clear video.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who the seller is as this is technically a Hikvision ColorVu camera. If I had to try one I would buy from Andy. I think my main concern is how this model is marketed and promoted through that video. A novice will be easily convinced but then be disappointed later without realizing the true variables involved behind the picture.
The reviews seem to complement what I notice in terms of graininess which is to be expected. However, a novice would expect to get crisp and crystal-clear video.
I don't deal with vendors that play games so it matters to me. I'd buy from Andy. JMHO.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a 5442 turret I keep in color mode 24/7. On a night with a full moon there are multiple shadows, one set from the street light about 200 feet away and another set from the moon light ~286,000 miles away. Sensor technology has come a long way and will continue to improve with time.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a couple of 5442 turrets too (one being an LED model). It's IR is set to auto, the sensor is so sensitive that it stays on color 24/7 and the nightime performance is exceptional. But it doesn't look like daytime at night even with LED street lighting; everything looks right. Color looks natural and there is nothing that stands out that casts a doubt regarding day vs night. I think I need to get my hands on the Hikvision model and compare, because it is mind-boggling and every situation in terms of how and where this setup will influence overall perception.

I've got a 5442 turret I keep in color mode 24/7. On a night with a full moon there are multiple shadows, one set from the street light about 200 feet away and another set from the moon light ~286,000 miles away. Sensor technology has come a long way and will continue to improve with time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can make a Starlight lens do this as well for a static picture at night with a full moon. I bet if this video showed a person walking around it would be ghost city just like on my Starlight.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know about that with the 5442 I have running. Crystal clear, even with cars doing 40-50 down the street in frame it's crisp, sharp, full motion video.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd be more convinced if I saw a vehicle in the background with its headlights on.

And Nelly's doesn't provide a model number of the cam which tells me they are playing games with people.
Nelley's is a reseller, they have there own model numbers, we know what they are, Andy does the same with his line of rebranded Dahua stuff, That's Just the Business if you are a reseller. At the end of the video posted is a link to a full review and unboxing, did you bother to watch that? Sean goes into great detail of what to expect from these line of cameras and yes you get to see the semi grainy video under NO light conditions without the moon, you will get a feel of what this cam will do in different lighting conditions.
Is the video posted deceiving? It clearly shows what the cam will do under perfect low light conditions, his follow up video of the review also show grainy video at not so great and total dark conditions. They are in the business of selling and supporting cameras, I do not think they are "Playing Games" with people. I do know if the camera did not meet your expectations they will refund it. I have done my share of business with them over the years and they answer the phone and will remote in to take a look if needed to help you out. I guess it up to the person to decide what is best for them. Not everybody is skilled enough or even wants to mess with this stuff and would rather have someone to call that WILL answer.[/QUOTE]

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ But I don't see any werewolves? :confused: jk

Nothing wrong with Nelly's, at the end of the day, its the customer decisions that count

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Nelley's is a reseller, they have there own model numbers, we know what they are, Andy does the same with his line of rebranded Dahua stuff, That's Just the Business if you are a reseller. At the end of the video posted is a link to a full review and unboxing, did you bother to watch that? Sean goes into great detail of what to expect from these line of cameras and yes you get to see the semi grainy video under NO light conditions without the moon, you will get a feel of what this cam will do in different lighting conditions.
Is the video posted deceiving? It clearly shows what the cam will do under perfect low light conditions, his follow up video of the review also show grainy video at not so great and total dark conditions. They are in the business of selling and supporting cameras, I do not think they are "Playing Games" with people. I do know if the camera did not meet your expectations they will refund it. I have done my share of business with them over the years and they answer the phone and will remote in to take a look if needed to help you out. I guess it up to the person to decide what is best for them. Not everybody is skilled enough or even wants to mess with this stuff and would rather have someone to call that WILL answer.
I clicked on the video...watched it. May as well have been a snapshot...no motion (clock is running)...what's the point? It's click bait.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s click bait. I trust them I’ve seen a number of their videos. They seem really honest.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to agree with "bait tactics" or trying to entice a sale.
This no moving video is basically a snapshot under the moonlight, which can be achieved via by taking a picture on your mobile phone. This Hik camera is a video camera, so should be displayed correctly advertising moving images.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I clicked on the video...watched it. May as well have been a snapshot...no motion (clock is running)...what's the point? It's click bait.
Call it what you want, Its from Nelley's Youtube channel, would it be fair to say you are calling the video a fraud or fabricated? Perhaps @Sean Nelson could chime in here.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
IPVM did a review and unlocked it for everybody.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Call it what you want, Its from Nelley's Youtube channel, would it be fair to say you are calling the video a fraud or fabricated? Perhaps @Sean Nelson could chime in here.
I'm saying that it's playing a game called "click bait" that provides no info. I guess I'm supposed to go click on another video that has the real info. It's an ad meant to intrigue you enough that you'll chase it. I don't deal in that any more than than I would sit through a McDonald's commercial, et al meant to get me to jump in my car and run out to the get a Big Mac. Sorry I upset a few folks in here that like to be intrigued by this stuff.