Difference from Extended support and 1yr extension license

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help explain what the difference is from the Extended support ($29.99/yr) and 1yr extension license ($34.95). I currently have BI4 license and these 2 both look the same to me.
Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help explain what the difference is from the Extended support ($29.99/yr) and 1yr extension license ($34.95). I currently have BI4 license and these 2 both look the same to me.
Thanks!
There is no licence extension. The licensee does not expire.
What you are paying for is extended support and maintenance. The 30 plain auto renews unless you cancel. The 35 plan is a one time payment and does not auto renew.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you; so if i choose to cancel the auto renew $30 plan before it renews (where would i cancel this) and will by BI still continue to work with BI5 after the 1 year - just no updates?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you; so if i choose to cancel the auto renew $30 plan before it renews (where would i cancel this) and will by BI still continue to work with BI5 after the 1 year - just no updates?
of course the machine will still work, like I said, the license never expires.
There is a thread where I posted a link to where to cancel, its with digital river and not intuitive. Just pay the 35, youll survive.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks..
I currently have a BI4 license and I just purchased the $35 1 year support and maintenance license Question, what key to I use on BI5 now? The new one I just received or my old BI4 key? If BI4 key, how does it know I purchased the new 1 year plan?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks..
I currently have a BI4 license and I just purchased the $35 1 year support and maintenance license Question, what key to I use on BI5 now? The new one I just received or my old BI4 key? If BI4 key, how does it know I purchased the new 1 year plan?
You will use it to upgrade your current bi4 installation, after that your old 4 key will work to activate a 5 installation. Or you can simply upgrade the four in place with 5