Disable auto-zoom? (alhua 4MP IPC-HFW5431E-ZE)

adam_adam

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased (through Andy) and set up a the Alhua 4MP IPC-HFW5431E-ZE.

The cam is mounted above my garage and looks out over my driveway. It frequently, on its own, zooms in on the center of the picture (my empty driveway). Is there a way to disable this? If I adjust it back to 100% zoomed out, it typically zooms back in within a few minutes.

I've read other threads about people having trouble with auto focus. My picture is in focus just fine, it is the zoom level. I was thinking that maybe this auto-focus / auto-zoom issue were related (or the same) and I am just being a daft newbie, but others seem to talk about it being a day/night problem, which doesn't seem to be relevant for my situation.

Any advice? This has rendered the camera unusable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently purchased (through Andy) and set up a the Alhua 4MP IPC-HFW5431E-ZE.

The cam is mounted above my garage and looks out over my driveway. It frequently, on its own, zooms in on the center of the picture (my empty driveway). Is there a way to disable this? If I adjust it back to 100% zoomed out, it typically zooms back in within a few minutes.

I've read other threads about people having trouble with auto focus. My picture is in focus just fine, it is the zoom level. I was thinking that maybe this auto-focus / auto-zoom issue were related (or the same) and I am just being a daft newbie, but others seem to talk about it being a day/night problem, which doesn't seem to be relevant for my situation.

Any advice? This has rendered the camera unusable.
The camera does not have an auto zoom function. You are likely accidentally doing it from the mobile app or via a vms like blue iris. Disable the ptz function in both.

adam_adam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, fenderman.

I only use BI*. All of my cams had the "Enable pan/tilt/zoom and other controls (focus, brightness, etc)" checked by default in the PTZ/Control tab of the cam's properties. I unchecked this. Hopefully that will remedy the situation.