Disable triggers for a specific time?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to disable triggers for an hour or two while I cut the grass. Is there a way to have triggers paused for an hour or two and then automatically restart? I can do it manually but half the time I forget to turn them back on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to disable triggers for an hour or two while I cut the grass. Is there a way to have triggers paused for an hour or two and then automatically restart? I can do it manually but half the time I forget to turn them back on.
Yes set up a profile with the triggers disabled .. then in the blue iris options profiles tab you can set the temporary time for each profile... Before mowing the lawn send it to that profile but only temporarily don't double tap for hold and it will switch back automatically

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@fenderman... I have a follow-up question. When I use a profile to disable triggers BI continues to record motion events but just doesn't notify me in any way. Is that the expected behavior? Thanks!

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@fenderman... I have a follow-up question. When I use a profile to disable triggers BI continues to record motion events but just doesn't notify me in any way. Is that the expected behavior? Thanks!
Yes - Alerts are separate from motion events. Turn off motion detection if you don't want them showing up as alert in timeline