Disabling Compact/repair DB each day

BSH

n3wb
Reaction score
I have my cameras recording continuously but at 2am each day when the compact/repair happens, the cameras stop recording for 3-4mins. This was long enough to completely miss out on footage of a vehicle used in a robbery.

I would like to avoid this happening again so,

Is it safe to permanently disable the compact/repair of the DB? and will this stop my recordings from pausing?

Is there anything else I can do?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my cameras recording continuously but at 2am each day when the compact/repair happens, the cameras stop recording for 3-4mins. This was long enough to completely miss out on footage of a vehicle used in a robbery.

I would like to avoid this happening again so,

Is it safe to permanently disable the compact/repair of the DB? and will this stop my recordings from pausing?

Is there anything else I can do?
Yes, the recording will stop when the DB is compacted/repaired. You can disable it. If your cameras have SD card slots, use them. An SSD will make the compact repair much quicker.
From the help file
"New at version 3.33, this feature will offer huge savings in CPU and memory utilization, and the possibility for the management of 100,000's of clips now exists. The database will be created by default at C:\BlueIris\db. This location may be altered on the Options/Clips page but should be set for your fastest local storage or SSD if available. You may repair or regenerate the db at anytime by right-clicking in the clip view and selecting Database->Repair/Regenerate. The Database->Compact action removes deleted records and resets the recording status if the system was shutdown unexpectedly. The Compact action may be ran automatically once per day according to a setting on the Options/Clips page. When Compact or Repair/Regenerate is running, database updates must be suspended, so all camera recordings will be closed. If you have 24 hr mission critical recording, you can disable this automatic Compact and perform it manually at your convenience, however the database will continue to grow with deleted records during that time."

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
What about scheduling it for a less "crime likely" time of day. Perhaps high noon.