Disabling Onvif Authetication

KWAx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have to disable the Onvif authentication in order to connect it successfully to a marine multifunction display from Raymarine that can't handle such user logins. My camera is the DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS with the latest firmware (STD_5.5.53_180730).

Thanks in advance for any help!

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the multi-function display run a custom OS? Does it have a web browser available? Model of the Raymarine display?

KWAx

n3wb
Reaction score
No built in browser, but I have not tried the Spotify browser trick yet...

[CA] Web Browser Available

"Please note that the LightHouse 3 software will not be seeking to have the MFD function as a replacement for one's tablet, smartphone, or PC. Raymarine will seek apps which compliment the LightHouse 3 software with respect to maximizing the boating experience of its customers. Please see the other thread which you had posted on this subject for additional information."

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That helps and makes it more difficult. RTSP streams are not going work with the Spotify trick (pretty sure), MJPEG from the sub-stream maybe. I can't get around the ONVIF login requirement on my Hikvision camera but I'll keep trying. I'll check the Raymarine CAM200IP manual and get back to you.

KWAx

n3wb
Reaction score
I made an attempt to install the TinyCam apk using a microSD card in the slot of the Raymarine display. But it blocked any attempt stating the app was not authorized by Raymarine.

So I guess it could only work if there was a way to disable OnVif authentication in my Hikvision camera. :(