Disabling Recording From Mobile App

DanGoose

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Daniil and I’m an intermediate level installer..
I have a customer that I will be installing a Lorex 16Ch NVR + 10 cams for in a few weeks. He had purchased the equipment himself.. A few of the cameras will be installed inside the home and he wants an easy way to disable recording from his phone while he’s home, and enable when he leaves..

He wants to do it specifically from his phone not his laptop.. I called Lorex tech support and they said their app does not have that feature..
Any suggestions?? Thank you.
The NVR model is shown in picture.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Daniil and I’m an intermediate level installer..
I have a customer that I will be installing a Lorex 16Ch NVR + 10 cams for in a few weeks. He had purchased the equipment himself.. A few of the cameras will be installed inside the home and he wants an easy way to disable recording from his phone while he’s home, and enable when he leaves..

He wants to do it specifically from his phone not his laptop.. I called Lorex tech support and they said their app does not have that feature..
Any suggestions?? Thank you.
The NVR model is shown in picture.
Have him return it.
This can easily be accomplished using a much better alternative.
Blue Iris - Video Security Software
Study this: Cliff Notes and Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris | IP Cam Talk

DanGoose

n3wb
Reaction score
There are 50+ vms to choose from...it depends on your needs and budget.
Well basically we want to keep the Lorex equipment and have the ability to enable and disable recording on certain cams through a mobile app. ideally without having to purchase a dedicated pc to run the software.. Is there anything that can run on his personal pc from his office?