Discontinuation of DahuaDDNS/QuickDDNS

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I need help to resolve my problem:

here is my setup:Network setup.png

I'm using 4g modem to access internet and i have dynamic wan IP address.

I was using DahuaDDNS to get the Wan Ip by accessing DDNS.

From now, i can't get anymore the Wan IP (Notice) but SMARTPSS is working (i can see my cameras from outside.)

I can't anymore access my router (Mikrotik RB951UI-2HND) as i don't know his external Ip.

I enabled the Mikrotik Cloud DNS on the router, but it gave me a wrong Wan IP, instead of DahuaDDNS whitch gave me a right one.

Any one knows how to get my Wan IP knowing that SMARTPSS is working well ? Any solutions ?

Thank you

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I enabled the Mikrotik Cloud DNS on the router, but it gave me a wrong Wan IP, instead of DahuaDDNS whitch gave me a right one.
I find that hard to believe. How do you know it's wrong ? DNS updates are not instantaneous, there may be a delay before DNS is accurate after an address change. Also ensure that you only have one device (eg router) updating the DDNS info. If you have other devices such as cameras or NVR trying to update DNS simultaneously the provider may block your account.

Reaction score
Hi
I need help to resolve my problem:

here is my setup:View attachment 25859

I'm using 4g modem to access internet and i have dynamic wan IP address.

I was using DahuaDDNS to get the Wan Ip by accessing DDNS.

From now, i can't get anymore the Wan IP (Notice) but SMARTPSS is working (i can see my cameras from outside.)

I can't anymore access my router (Mikrotik RB951UI-2HND) as i don't know his external Ip.

Any one knows how to get my Wan IP knowing that SMARTPSS is working well ? Any solutions ?

Thank you
Have you tried What is my IP?

Link: What Is My IP? Shows your real IP address - WhatIsMyIP.com ®

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm 2000 km from my nvr. I can't have access locally.
I can only check from outside, so What is my IP can't work.

I don't have the ip to connect to, so i don' know how to find it

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you know it's wrong ? DNS updates are not instantaneous, there may be a delay before DNS is accurate after an address change. Also ensure that you only have one device (eg router) updating the DDNS info. If you have other devices such as cameras or NVR trying to update DNS simultaneously the provider may block your account.
I know that, but trying to ssh to the router does't work,
ping command unfortunately is blocked on the router (iwill allow it next time i will have access)

I don't know if dahua and mikrotik update DNS simultaneously, i can't tell

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Excerpt below from your 'Notice' link above, on Dahua site:

"Q3. What about third party DDNS service support?

A. Customers can still use third-party dynamic domain name server platforms (such as DynDns, No-IP, etc.) to achieve remote device access and management "

If the DahuaDDNS was working, just set up a DynDNS, No-IP or Free IP (or others) as suggested in their notice. (I have No-IP, 25 hostnames for $25 per year).
As when you set up the NVR initially, at some point you will (or someone with the ability) MUST visit the NVR in-person and configure with the DDNS account info and test.

As @Valiant suggested, insure that only 1 device is configured to perform the DDNS update.

My surprise is that you were able to use any DDNS service on a cellular network.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will set up another Dyndns provider next time i will access the location.
As @Valiant suggested, insure that only 1 device is configured to perform the DDNS update.
Maybe that is the issue, both Dahua and Mikrotik are trying to querry at the same time the dns update.

Only dns from dahua was working well untill they stop their service, not too lucky

I will wait until Mikrotik update his dns table.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I don't understood, now DDNS is working correctly today and i get my wan ip
:)