Disk not ready error

jdub765

n3wb
Reaction score
BI hasn't been recording since I reinstalled Win10 and BI. It currently displays a "Disk not ready" error. Does anyone have more info on this type of error?

Additional info:
Computer has been freezing every couple days. Reinstalled Win10 2x. Replaced RAM. Replaced HD. Replaced power supply. I accidentally deleted the small 120MB partition on my 4TB drive where the videos are being stored, but Windows didn't seem to notice and the hard drive appears to be working normally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI hasn't been recording since I reinstalled Win10 and BI. It currently displays a "Disk not ready" error. Does anyone have more info on this type of error?

Additional info:
Computer has been freezing every couple days. Reinstalled Win10 2x. Replaced RAM. Replaced HD. Replaced power supply. I accidentally deleted the small 120MB partition on my 4TB drive where the videos are being stored, but Windows didn't seem to notice and the hard drive appears to be working normally.
Have you performed a clean install?

jdub765

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I just reinstalled Windows a few days ago and then reinstalled BI. I just did another clean install of it right now and the problem is still there.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but is the BIOS set to boot up first from the internal hard drive that has the O/S installed? If set for USB first, insure no flash drive or external hard drive is plugged in. Dells are famous for this. I usually set to boot from an installed optical disk drive (CD/DVD) first then the hard drive that will have the O/S.

jdub765

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi TonyR, it's a custom computer with multiple hard drives. The OS is on a SSD, there are 2 drives in a RAID 0 config, and one 4TB (purple WD) drive. The camera videos are stored on the 4TB drive. The computer doesn't have problems booting up and BlueIris launches okay. BlueIris is only having problems with the 4TB drive which gives the "disk not ready" error.