Disk usage and clip settings

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't seem to get this right. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 1tb d: disk for video storage but despite my attempts, I can not get clips to save as the desired pace.

This is the 1tb d: disk

My usage is always hanging around 10% to 25%

Here is one reading from the UI

followed by a later one

No, I didn't reverse them. It is deleting clips even though I have plenty of space. Note that the total of 950G is the total that I think I have set in my clip settings.

Does anyone see anything wrong with these settings?

My assumption is that Alerts are special clips that might be trimmed events but regardless, at least I want the base video saved. I did away with trying to segregate New and Stored and just want it all saved in New. Alerts might be useful (maybe) so I kept that.

Last edited:

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With these settings I am still getting unexpected behavior:

Last edited:

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bump... Anyone see anything wrong with the configuration? I'm only taking advantage of 10% of my available video clip storage and events are being deleted way too prematurely.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at your camera configuration in BI and make sure recordings are going into the "New" folder.

Also I don't know about your setup but mine doesn't even use the Alerts folder so reserving space for it could be a waste.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Blue Iris recently increased the amount of logging it does when cleaning up clips. Maybe there is a hint in there about what is wrong.

Because everything in your screenshots looks fine to me.

i286

n3wb
Reaction score
So I think a possibility is you may have been playing with individual camera settings for recordings maybe?
Go into each of the cameras you have and check the recording tabs.

I suspect they are going to some other storage instead of New?
Also if using schedules, you need to do this check on every camera on every schedule too.

Another possibility is did you have Limit Clip Age set? its not needed and if you recently stopped using it it may take some extra days for it to reflect aditional storage space used.

Thirdly, check the logs for cleanups and if you dont have any DB daily maintenance, maybe repair the DB, just as a test anyways.
EDIT: I see from screenshots you have DB maintenance occurring daily
Thats all I can think of at this moment.

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Things all settled in now. Thank you. Not sure what I did specifically to correct this but it is working now as expected.