DNS server address question

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to ip cameras and new to Blue Iris.

I have 3 foscan f19821w v.2 cameras that are setup and visible in BI.

Next step for me is to get system access outside my local network.

The 3 cameras have static addresses. I assume that I need a static IP
address for the pc running BI. Is that correct?

After setting static ip address for the pc; do I also need to set static DNS server address?
Or can I leave the box checked in Windows 8 that says "obtain DNS server address automatically?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the BI machine must have a static ip (or dhcp reservation). You can leave dns server to be auto, but the simplest way to do all this is to leave everything to auto and use your routers dhcp reservation to keep the ip address static.

PS I deleted the duplicate post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@randerson0248 Yes the BI machine must have a static ip (or dhcp reservation). You can leave dns server to be auto, but the simplest way to do all this is to leave everything to auto and use your routers dhcp reservation to keep the ip address static.

PS I deleted the duplicate post.

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use a google domain as my internet facing site, but all the pages hosted locally on my machine.

Port forward in my router back to my local machine.

Setup ddclient and have that running as a service in the background to dynamically update my ip back to google domains. (cheaper [free] than paying for dyndns)

Check it out: http://home.1930networks.com

Obviously i made my own main page and am using IIS 10 that comes loaded with Windows 10, ( Windows icon and start typing IIS ) i used the page redirection in IIS to get to my UI2 page.