Do not leave your car open during Christmas day while you pack it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not leave your car open during Christmas day while you pack it.

NOPD - has some good videos.. thankfully in this case looks like they got the license plate of the get away car.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This is almost like an episode of "Bait Car". Just one glance at that neighborhood tells me I would never leave a vehicle door unlocked for more than a few seconds, let only minutes at a time like the guy packing the car.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Surprised they left the bike rack. :wtf:

I live in a pretty good neighbourhood and always close and lock my doors no matter how many times I am back and forth to my vehicle.
It's that "Trust No One" mentality.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the gentlemen was wearing a bandana which indicates he suspected that he might be seen by a live person or security video - even though the car would be easily identified.

58chev - what is your opinion on why they left the bike rack? The lack of tools and time to dismantle or because it was unlikely they're avid bicyclists?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe they left the bike rack as an act of kindness. ;)

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
58chev - what is your opinion on why they left the bike rack? The lack of tools and time to dismantle or because it was unlikely they're avid bicyclists?
Maybe the hitch pin had a lock. If it were just a cotter and pin, the rack would have been gone.

I leave my 2" ball connected at all times but my hitch pin is the locking style. In my area if it ain't locked it's gone.