Do you still need to add the cam twice for different alerts?

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I am aware that you can add a cam twice for more options with alerts and recording. I recently decided to update my machine and do some maintenance. Under the alerts tab I see you can choose different motion zones. Does this mean that you no longer have to add the cam twice? I also didn't see hotspot listed as a zone you could select under the alerts?

Basically I only want a alert if someone is standing close to my front door. As it was setup I didn't look at my alerts much. It was all cars driving by. I suspect I will still have alerts from headlights reflecting off my garage though.

I'm also still debating on doing continuous recording with 2 of my cams. The sidewalk is far enough away that MD doesn't like to activate even with the sensitivity turned up. These are 3mp cams at max res and 5M. The other 2 cams I will use md. I'm not sure if the wd green drive I have now can handle it. I guess once that wears out I can get a purple anyway.

thanks for the help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It really depends on what you want out of the alerts..
I think that not seeing the "h" in the alert windows for hotspot is a bug (its there in the image for ..email support....dont use hotspot for alerts though, you will get too many false alerts...

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I created 2 zones. One right in front of my door(A) and another for everything else(B). Under alerts I left only zone A checked. Zone B still shows up in the alert list so I guess adding the cam twice and hiding it will probably be my only option. Unless I made a mistake and crossed the zone boxes.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: