Does anyone here use LaView wifi bullet cameras (with or without NVR)?

hyde

n3wb
Reaction score
After my Zmodo suddently died (didn't do much troubleshooting yet, it looks like it's bricked, i'll discuss that in different thread) I decided to look into less complicated cameras.

Does anyone here use this:
LaView IP Cameras

I have a few questions on this

- Can we view the recording remotely or through local network computer?
- Does it have motion alert with picture snapshot like foscams do?
- Can it be set to record continuously at low fps, but keep motion detected footage at full fps?

I am using foscam inside, and overall I am happy with the operation, except it doesn't have continuous recording. I love the idea of wifi cam with no NVR, I was about to spend $300 on a PC and $50 on BlueIris, but I think this will be great if it can send pictures.

I hope to hear from those who own these cams, or if anyone has any other suggestions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After my Zmodo suddently died (didn't do much troubleshooting yet, it looks like it's bricked, i'll discuss that in different thread) I decided to look into less complicated cameras.

Does anyone here use this:
LaView IP Cameras

I have a few questions on this

- Can we view the recording remotely or through local network computer?
- Does it have motion alert with picture snapshot like foscams do?
- Can it be set to record continuously at low fps, but keep motion detected footage at full fps?

I am using foscam inside, and overall I am happy with the operation, except it doesn't have continuous recording. I love the idea of wifi cam with no NVR, I was about to spend $300 on a PC and $50 on BlueIris, but I think this will be great if it can send pictures.

I hope to hear from those who own these cams, or if anyone has any other suggestions.
wifi is crap...
motion alerts will be crap like every other pixel based motion detection...you will get hundreds daily..
you dont need to spend 300 on a pc...most setups dont need more than a 100 dollar pc..

hyde

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but what is wrong with wifi ones? I plan to have 1 cable from my home to my garage, and set a wireless access point, so reception will not be an issue if that's the reason why wifi is bad.

In reference to pixel based detection, can you recommend a better camera? It sounds like you know your cameras, could you help me with some suggestions?
My main problem is that my house is attached, so for me to run wires, I would have to go out from front, up to roof then down to my garage, and then inside, also have to deal with weather/sun/etc by running cables out in the open. This is why I am hoping to run 1 wire from home/router/NVR to Garage, and split them there 2 to indoor Pan/Tilt foscams, and 2 outdoor any camera, and then keep 2 for front that will be near NVR.

How is this:
LaView LV-KNT982A42W4 4MP zoom HD 8 Channel NVR PoE IP Security System, with 2pcs 4 MP (2688 x 1520) and 2pcs 2 MP (1920 x 1080) Bullet Camera (No HDD Included, Sold Separately)(Upgraded Cam) – NeweggFlash.com

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Use a Poe switch in the garage.... no need for wifi... look for cams with line crossing options...or use blue iris with zone crossing...see dahua Starlight threads

hyde

n3wb
Reaction score
I want a simple setup without spending $1000 on NVR, Cameras, wiring, POE switches etc.
I don't need too much motion detection since the area being monitored is a shared area, so as long as it records when there is a motion, i don't mind too many motion alert triggered recording.
Honestly my cheap crappy zmodo setup was perfect since it was highlighting the motion detection and I could go through those and export the ones I wanted but it was eating HDD and sometimes would stop recording.

Can we use POE switch as both POE and non-POE? What I mean to say is, I would have to run 1 wire from router to garage, from that regular 4 port switch with 2 ports going to local foscams, and 1 port to POE, then POE injecting power and sending signal and power to 2 or 3 other starlight cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A Poe switch can function as a regular switch....if you are happy with junk keep using junk...not sure where you get 1k from...you don't need two separate switches...

hyde

n3wb
Reaction score
A Poe switch can function as a regular switch....if you are happy with junk keep using junk...not sure where you get 1k from...you don't need two separate switches...
I am not happy with junk, hence I am here discussing instead of buying another zmodo.
Noted POE can work as regular switch, then I can utilize my existing wiring to garage and then run cables to each camera.

I'll check dahua starlight. I don't see them on Amazon, is ebay best place to get them?
I found this, Dahua Starlight Digital Camera H.265 4MP IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2 IP camera with POE 709812314496 | eBay is this something you'd recommend?

I wanted to get rid of NVR and use each camera independently with SD on board.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not happy with junk, hence I am here discussing instead of buying another zmodo.
Noted POE can work as regular switch, then I can utilize my existing wiring to garage and then run cables to each camera.

I'll check dahua starlight. I don't see them on Amazon, is ebay best place to get them?
I found this, Dahua Starlight Digital Camera H.265 4MP IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2 IP camera with POE 709812314496 | eBay is this something you'd recommend?

I wanted to get rid of NVR and use each camera independently with SD on board.
That is not a Starlight . It's a hacked China camera...junk....start reading the starlight threads.... don't rely on SD card recording....

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.