Does BI delete older files to make room for newer?

George M

n3wb
Reaction score
I was under the impression that BI deleted old files to make room for newer files. I have 5 cameras with one of them doing continuous recording. The recordings are going to a 1TB hard drive. I thought that as the drive gets full it would delete files as need to save the newer file but that is not happening. Instead the log show error of Disk Full. I will attach the page for the clips savings.

Thanks
George M

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Y
I was under the impression that BI deleted old files to make room for newer files. I have 5 cameras with one of them doing continuous recording. The recordings are going to a 1TB hard drive. I thought that as the drive gets full it would delete files as need to save the newer file but that is not happening. Instead the log show error of Disk Full. I will attach the page for the clips savings.

Thanks
George M
Yes it does...1tb is less than 1000gb...
you also need to factor your other folders ..you over allocated your storage...you need to read the help file. Click on the top left icon that looks like 3 vertical bars, there you can see your over allocation error.