Does blue iris have hidden batch camera configuration?

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was not able to find this option anywhere, but sure would love it if someone points it out to me. Of-course if such feature exists.

The reason I am asking for such feature is because I just had to reconfigure multiple settings on 20 cameras and it took a little over an hour, which could have taken maybe 5 minutes if there was/I knew where batch configuration was. I had to change recording overlay settings, clip size limit, motion detection, and some other settings that I can't remember.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was not able to find this option anywhere, but sure would love it if someone points it out to me. Of-course if such feature exists.

The reason I am asking for such feature is because I just had to reconfigure multiple settings on 20 cameras and it took a little over an hour, which could have taken maybe 5 minutes if there was/I knew where batch configuration was. I had to change recording overlay settings, clip size limit, motion detection, and some other settings that I can remember.
There is no such setting...

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

The reason I am asking for such feature is because I just had to reconfigure multiple settings on 20 cameras and it took a little over an hour, which could have taken maybe 5 minutes if there was/I knew where batch configuration was. I had to change recording overlay settings, clip size limit, motion detection, and some other settings that I can't remember.
I just save the BI camera configuration file. Then import it to to the new camera. Then I just need to change the IP address and name for the new camera. While all the other settings are the same. Much quicker than manually setting everything up from scratch for each camera.

from the BI manual
Importing and Exporting Settings
Click the "Export settings..." button to save a camera's configuration to a file. You may wish to do this as a backup, or when creating a new camera as a copy of another. It may also come in handy to include this file if you need to ask for software support via email.

Click the "Import settings..." button to load the settings from a file previously created with the "Export settings" function.