Does your BI do this ?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a big deal, but every time I do a BI update it always gives me a critical red error "restarted after a unexpected shutdown" It wasn't unexpected shutdown as BI always restarts after a update. I just don't like seeing a red Icon and forces me to go in and clear the message. It would be better for it to show "successfully updated to 4.7.6.5"

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't experience the exact issue you have described, but when I "auto-update" BI on my home machine the update process often hangs and I'm forced to manually download and install the update. However, this never happens on my BI server at the office where the BI auto-update process always seems to complete successfully.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't experience the exact issue you have described, but when I "auto-update" BI on my home machine the update process often hangs and I'm forced to manually download and install the update. However, this never happens on my BI server at the office where the BI auto-update process always seems to complete successfully.
That is interesting and why I asked. I should of explained my update process. I always click the "check for updates" and if there is a update available I always close BI TOOLS first so it does not interfere with the update process. Then I go ahead and allow it to update. Now this holds true on mine and 2 other friends who run BI. All are 64bit installs on W10 pro.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is interesting and why I asked. I should of explained my update process. I always click the "check for updates" and if there is a update available I always close BI TOOLS first so it does not interfere with the update process. Then I go ahead and allow it to update. Now this holds true on mine and 2 other friends who run BI. All are 64bit installs on W10 pro.
Bit checks to see if there's an update in progress and will not interfere

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Bit checks to see if there's an update in progress and will not interfere
That is good to know, I will leave it running on next update :) I will post a few pics here when I update to show my issue better.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I just updated to 4.7.6.6 and I always get this error in BI. I did let BI tools keep running and it did not interfere :) Like I stated earlier, its not a huge problem, just curious why other people don't see this. I should note that I do not run BI as a service on 3 installs and they all will produce error each time I update.

error2.JPG

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I just updated to 4.7.6.6 and I always get this error in BI. I did let BI tools keep running and it did not interfere :) Like I stated earlier, its not a huge problem, just curious why other people don't see this. I should note that I do not run BI as a service on 3 installs and they all will produce error each time I update.

View attachment 30961
Yes, I see the same error. Ignore it. it's an unexpected shut down because it didn't get shut down via the x at the top right of the screen.

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
w10 pro 64bit on nvme pcie disk.

never seen this error

Carver

n3wb
Reaction score
I see this error too after each update. My BI doesn't run as a service.
It lives always minimized in the systray with desktop frames shown.
Never mind - five mouse clicks and Bob’s your uncle ;)

EDIT: Running BI as a service now, and the error is gone.

Last edited: