dome camera condensation

vbprof

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed this strange situation, and I wonder whether anyone else had the same experience. I have 4 AvertX dome cameras from Costoco. Recently, I noticed condensation inside the dome cover. The strange thing is that the small area of condensation was only in front of the lens. The dome was clear everywhere else. What makes it more likely to have condensation in front of the lens, I wonder? I tried very hard to make a seal during the installation (with silicon sealant). Does anyone know what is the best way to deal with the situation? Someone suggested using those small Silica bags within the dome, but doesn't that require opening the dome once a while? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
because the foam ring is sealing the area off and temps are changing until it condensates.

silica packets will help; should not need replacing once they removed the moisture from the air and its sealed off..

otherwise take em back to Costco and get bullets; Domes f'n suck outside.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
condensation is because of 2 factor, humidity and Temperature difference between the air and the object (dome) and in front of lens (do you have IR light inside the dome ?) may be the place where you get perfect mix to produce condensation.

But as it is inside, this mean you camera box is not well sealed, what is the precise name/model of the camera ?