Door Bell and baby monitor ! (again, I know)

John V

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see this subject come up ever so often but I feel like there isn't a good solution.

I have Blur Iris and currently 8 cams running. I have a cam at the front and back door which is great.

Although I have audio I have no way to speak to anyone and of course I'm looking to avoid paying for storage because I already have 40TB locally and LOVE my blue iris setup.

I've seen the updated youtube video where you can grab the video stream of the nest cam but I dont see audio being a option.

Maybe I just need to buy the nest doorbell and deal with the fact it won't work with blueiris...

But what about a baby monitor? I've tested the IPC-46 and it straight-up sucks

John V

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don’t know about that. Looks a long way away from being useable

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well it isn't without its issues, but its issues are less than the others I've seen.

Reaction score
Bump. I’m in the same boat. I’m thinking about using Amcrest ProHD POE indoor PTZ for my baby monitor - haven’t seen much feedback - haven’t dug through here much truthfully just really digging in. I run Dahua front of house with starvis sensors and Reolinks on the back - working my way around replacing as I go. Would love a good doorbell cam. Not sure on the baby monitor yet.

xdq

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For a baby monitor I started with a Foscam C1 720p before changing to an Annke 1080p cube camera onto which I installed Hikvision firmware.

They both have two way audio but the Foscam is great as an ad-hoc a baby monitor when we're away from home. It's most useful when our son falls asleep in the car or needs to nap when we're visiting friends - It's USB powered so a battery pack can keep it running for hours and you can press a button on the back to switch the wifi to access point mode meaning you don't need to mess around adding it to someone's wifi.

When we're on holiday I hook it up to a 4g hotspot and it becomes accessible over further distances.