Door cam suggestion

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A friend of mine in the UK just ordered this.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reolink-Pro-Rechargeable-Wire-Free-Detection-Argus-Security-Camera-Solar-Panel/dp/B07H588RDR. He's going abroad for a couple of months so wanted to get something up quick.

Advised him that Reolink is not very good and to avoid it. He asked if I could recommend something else at short notice, I don't have much experience with door cams and since we're extremely short on time as he leaves next Wednesday, can anyone recommend an equivalent cam to this?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Last edited:

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The two versions of Hikvision doorbell cameras have been available for a while now. The first, KB6013 was re-branded and sold by MANY different vendors: Uniden, RCA, LTS Security, and others. The newest, HSDB2A is sold by RCA. It's $149 right now. There is a specific forum just for doorbell cameras, and there's lots more discussion there. Previously, I would have recommended a Dahua 4231 Starlight 'wedge' mini-dome for front porch duty.
Thanks VorlonFrog. After clarification, it appears that my friend isn't actually looking for a doorbell camera, more that he is looking for a camera to cover the front door area that is in a fenced off private garden. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances, he wasn't able to give much notice and as time is on the short side for him, he was looking at the last minute for something quick and easy to set up. We will revisit his requirements when he gets back in about 11 weeks time. He's going to install this Reolink for now.