door-to-door salesguy talents

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing special, just thought it was funny. I wasn't home at the time. My camera happened to capture a still at just the right time. Maybe he's thinking, "if I do balancing tricks with my sales binder, they will talk to me...?"

SalesGuy_2018-01-19_14.20.37.jpg

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing special, just thought it was funny. I wasn't home at the time. My camera happened to capture a still at just the right time. Maybe he's thinking, "if I do balancing tricks with my sales binder, they will talk to me...?"

View attachment 25790
Picture quality is amazing what camera is this ??? You have nice zoom on it

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is the cheapest Dahua IP camera I've seen of its kind, a 4MP turret type IPC-HDW4431C-A which is the "international" version (hacked firmware for English language) non-upgradeable, you take your chances. Comes stock with a fixed wide-angle lens. I took it apart and replaced the lens with a longer 12mm lens (so I had to break out the glass to fit the case back together). I should probably have just spent another $40 and got the slightly larger 4MP bullet varifocal model which would do the same job more cleanly, but I'm just cheap that way. It does show the value of getting the right lens focal length, if you can assume visitors will walk along the walkway so you can get relatively tight framing.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That's funny. IMHO what sets the cameras apart is how good of a picture can you get after the sun goes down.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DH5_2018-01-19_20.08.59.jpg The cheap Dahua is nothing special after dark, as you can see (this is even with an additional 20W white LED flood). The Dahua "Starlight" series is definitely better at night, although of course somewhat more expensive. I have several of each kind for various purposes. I don't rely on this one for night-time ID.

Last edited:

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Young man was spinning the 3-ring binder on his finger which is relatively easy due to the grippy plastic cover on the binder. Gets a lot of practice going door-to-door. May have started as the guy who flips the advertising signs while waving to cars in front of the strip mall.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Neon safety vest has been the go-to attire for home invasions lately too. Everybody opens their door to the safety vest!