Doorbell camera spots armed suspected burglars at front door of Covina home

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I love the lawn jockey in the background!

And, they seem to be asking for a particular person, and when he doesn't answer the door, they get nervous and leave. What's up with that? It doesn't look like an attempted burglary. It looks like they wanted to rob or kill a particular person, but didn't want to break and enter.

The homeowner might want to see if his kid knows the two, and find out if said kid might be into some kind of drug dealing involving the two. Or, maybe they were just at the wrong house!

Reaction score
That is FREAKY! We watched this a couple times, and are thinking the "gun guy" was either:
  • calling out a random name, hoping an unsuspecting homeowner would open the door to let him know he was at the wrong house, and shit hits the fan
  • calling out the name of the guy that lives there, which means they know each other.
Hope the police find these two dirt bags. Terrifying, absolutely terrifying.

Last edited:

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Heck, yeah...double-tap!

Quality 9mm or .45 JHP's are no more than $.75 each in non-bulk quantities. I'd pay $20 to see these 2 kicked out of the gene pool. :angry:
Cannot do in most of California. A little thing called “duty to retreat”. Not allowed to defend yourself. No castle doctrine, or Stand your ground. This is why many of us Natives of the Golden State have left the ‘liberal paradise’. One would not live very long dong this in most of Nevada. Were armed to the teeth. The DA's will back us up.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NEED a good camera right at FACE LEVEL - maximize the pixels for a retina scan!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cannot do in most of California. A little thing called “duty to retreat”. Not allowed to defend yourself. No castle doctrine, or Stand your ground.
Understood. I'd likely wait until the boot or sledgehammer hits the door, then drop 'em and drag their dead butts 3/4 of the way into the house.....then call 9-1-1.

This is why many of us Natives of the Golden State have left the ‘liberal paradise’.
Understand that too....lived in Santa Clara Co. in NorCal for 29 years, '74 to '04. You couldn't pay me enough to go back there to live, though.

One would not live very long dong this in most of Nevada. Were armed to the teeth.
Same here. Everyone I know carries.

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Getting out of CA is a worthy idea for a number of reasons. However, the right to self defense in your own home needn’t be one of them. It is a surprise to many— incl residents of the state— but CA state penal code does specifically endorse stand your ground for self defense on your own property. There is also no Duty To Retreat in CA. (Note that under certain circumstances you can also even pursue attackers.)

Per CALJIC 5.50:

“A person threatened with an attack that justifies the exercise of the right of self-defense need not retreat. In the exercise of his right of self-defense a person may stand his ground and defend himself by the use of all force and means which would appear to be necessary to a reasonable person in a similar situation and with similar knowledge; and a person may pursue his assailant until he has secured himself from danger if that course likewise appears reasonably necessary. This law applies even though the assailed person might more easily have gained safety by flight or by withdrawing from the scene.”

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Getting out of CA is a worthy idea for a number of reasons. However, the right to self defense in your own home needn’t be one of them. It is a surprise to many— incl residents of the state— but CA state penal code does specifically endorse stand your ground for self defense on your own property. There is also no Duty To Retreat in CA. (Note that under certain circumstances you can also even pursue attackers.)

Per CALJIC 5.50:

“A person threatened with an attack that justifies the exercise of the right of self-defense need not retreat. In the exercise of his right of self-defense a person may stand his ground and defend himself by the use of all force and means which would appear to be necessary to a reasonable person in a similar situation and with similar knowledge; and a person may pursue his assailant until he has secured himself from danger if that course likewise appears reasonably necessary. This law applies even though the assailed person might more easily have gained safety by flight or by withdrawing from the scene.”
Good to know, but I still not gong back to live there. Makes me so sad to see what the state has become. Not the place I grew up in the 60't to the 80's. Nevada suites me much better, for now.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Disclaimer, IANAL

True, at first glance CA Self Defense Law reads ok, the bigger problem may be the jury pool. Much like most other states SD laws, you're betting on some large portion of the population to be "Reasonable". Much of self defense law relies on this fuzzy gray area word of "Reasonable". Who gets to decide reasonable? The 12 members of the jury.
California Self-Defense Laws (Criminal Lawyers Explain)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good to know, but I still not gong back to live there.
I'm with you on that, man.

Makes me so sad to see what the state has become.
Makes me sad, too....AND upset. I've been gone since '04 and the inmates have taken over running the asylum, it seems.

Not the place I grew up in the 60't to the 80's. Nevada suites me much better, for now.
I was born and raised in GA, spent 29 years there in CA after I got out of the Navy, now living here in AL amongst family and closeby to some in GA.

Hey, we've got some issue here, too (Utopia's not out there) but I'm staying right here where I belong.

ROLL TIDE !