Doors cam take snapshots when Doors Bell ring?

pethson

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to BlueIris and I wounder if it can do what I'm looking for.
I have a home automation system. So far I have installed BI Demo
I have a camera outside my front door.
What I want is when someone push the door bell, I would like BI to take a snapshot.
The door bell is already connected to my HA system to register date and time when door bells are pushed and sending trigger to my cellphone and displaying a message on all TV and monitors in the house.
The plan is to grab this snapshot and present it on all TVs and monitors.
I've read some about a Arduino serial connection to BI, could that make it easier?

Any help is welcome!

Regards Peter

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would love to have this function. I have considered replacing my doorbell button with the ring.com Video Doorbell product (connects to their app via wifi). I would love to have blue iris be able to add that doorbell camera as another camera feed. The ring.com web site says they have an API coming out.

I'm new to BlueIris and I wounder if it can do what I'm looking for.
I have a home automation system. So far I have installed BI Demo
I have a camera outside my front door.
What I want is when someone push the door bell, I would like BI to take a snapshot.
The door bell is already connected to my HA system to register date and time when door bells are pushed and sending trigger to my cellphone and displaying a message on all TV and monitors in the house.
The plan is to grab this snapshot and present it on all TVs and monitors.
I've read some about a Arduino serial connection to BI, could that make it easier?

Any help is welcome!

Regards Peter

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your HA system has the ability to communicate with a web server, you should be able to get it to trigger a camera.

On my VeraLite, I've created a "trigger" scene.

I added the following as the Luup code to be executed (substituting the appropriate values for the Blue Iris server IP address, port number, camera short name, and BI user name and password):

luup.inet.wget("http://192.168.2.200:80/admin?camera=cam2&trigger&user=xxxxxxxx&pw=xxxxxxxx",5)

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If all you want to do is to grab a snapshot from a camera, you can do it with the following URL syntax:

"http://192.168.1.100:80/image/cam4?q=50&s=80&user=xxxxxxx&pw=xxxxxxxxxx"

Again, substitute the appropriate address, port, camera shortname, image quality, username and password.

These and several other things you can get from BI are detailed in the BI help file under the "Web Server" section.

pethson

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks digger 11 if the answer is too easy to find you might miss it
The link works except for the username and password part.
If I'm not logged in before I get the prompt for username and password before I see the snapshot.
I'm running 4.2.8.4 x64 version
Anyone knows why I get the login prompt?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone knows why I get the login prompt?
I assume your connection request will be coming from the LAN, so if you want, you can set it up to use an anonymous connection so that no username or password is required.

BI Options>Web Server>Authentication>Non-LAN only
BI Options>Users>
Enable the Anonymous user
Edit the Anonymous user and set any restrictions you want. As a minimum, I would recommend enabling "LAN only" and disabling "Administrator".

CanDoThis

n3wb
Reaction score
very old thread but will try--

Can BI be integrated with IP doorbell and effectivly take the place of standalone doorbell camera?
Other ideas? thanks!