Double SMTP Emails?

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I was wondering how would I configure it so that for SMTP IP Cameras to Send Emails) it only sends one email that has the attachment instead of always receive 2 emails? Whenever a motion or IVS is detected on my ip camera, I get sent two emails.

TLDR: Every time a motion or IVS is detected on my ip camera, I get sent two emails. One email which does not have a attachment and then the other email having an attachment. Wanting to make it so that I only get sent one email instead of two.

Please help :(

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Simplest way, off hand, would be to create a clone of the camera and configure that of ONVIF with the "master" configured for normal trigger. Then set whichever one you want a notification from with the SMTP email notification and, of course, no email notification on the other. What I think you're seeing is the double trigger, once from BI and once from ONVIF, and they happen too quickly to produce a second snapshot. A clone camera will add no significant load at all to BI and it can be configured as "hidden" so it doesn't take up screen space.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Simplest way, off hand, would be to create a clone of the camera and configure that of ONVIF with the "master" configured for normal trigger. Then set whichever one you want a notification from with the SMTP email notification and, of course, no email notification on the other. What I think you're seeing is the double trigger, once from BI and once from ONVIF, and they happen too quickly to produce a second snapshot. A clone camera will add no significant load at all to BI and it can be configured as "hidden" so it doesn't take up screen space.
Hey thanks for the comment. I'm not using any third part software for my Dahua IP Cameras that I purchased from Andy. I only use Dahua software from the Toolbox :D. Also using iDMSS Pro app.

Ok I'l try to make this more understandable. I have 4 cameras purchased from Andy. However, let's just use camera one for this example. I configure camera 1 to use motion detection with SMTP. I select the detection area to be on my front garage parking area. Anyone who makes a move or so in that area will count as detection for the motion detection. Let's say someone did move in that area or appeared in that area, the camera immediately snapshots the person in that detected area and sends me a email containing the snapshot attachment. However, during the same time this email is sent to me, another email is sent to me but this time, the email has no attachment. What I want to do is stop it from sending me 2 emails. i only want to be sent one email which contains the attachment.

PS. Here is a screenshot of the double emails. one email has attachment and the other no attachment. Hope this clears things up and hope to find/get a solution :D. SMTP .jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got me there. I don't use any of the email features of the cameras as they are totally isolated and blocked from internet access. Maybe someone who does will chime in, but I'd seriously consider what you're doing given how easily a camera can be hacked and used as a bot.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You've got me there. I don't use any of the email features of the cameras as they are totally isolated and blocked from internet access. Maybe someone who does will chime in, but I'd seriously consider what you're doing given how easily a camera can be hacked and used as a bot.
Thanks for your input and yep hopefully someone does come in and try to help :D . I might tag @EMPIRETECANDY just in case he might have time to come in to help :D. But all my cameras are displayed outside for outside recording so even if the camera get's hacked (which I don't think it will hopefully), there isn't much to show :p

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not what shows, it's what they can be used for in a bot net that can be problematic.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
All Dahua devices send an event triggered email with attachment if you tell it and an event clear email with no attachment. If you look at the second email it will say event clear.

There is no way to stop the clear email. Unless you do some tricks with your email server to discard it.

Last edited:

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All Dahua devices send an event triggered email with attachment if you tell it and an event clear email with no attachment. If you look at the second email it will say event clear.

There is no way to stop the clear email. Unless you do some tricks with your email server to discard it.
Ah I see. thanks Biggie for confirming :D