Doubt about Dahua NVR push notifications

jackal992

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I have a system with 5 (for now) cameras. I am using a Dahua NVR4216-4KS2 to record footage from all of them. I connected the external alarm system to the first alarm input of the NVR. The behavior I would like to get is to receive footage from the cameras when the alarm system is triggered (and by consequence the first alarm input of the NVR is triggered too). I do not want a zone-based trigger, I have just one wire from the alarm control unit to the NVR, so with one trigger I would like to receive a push notification with the ability to view snapshots/recorded video of the event/live view for ALL the cameras.
I setup the local alarm for the first alarm input on the NVR to record all channels, to take snaphots for all channels and to send an email.

According to me the settings are correct, indeed I get an email with a snapshot from all the cameras and a push notification on the phone through the GDMSS Plus app. What I am not able to do is to switch to other cameras on the mobile app. Let me explain: I receive a push notification with the option to review the recorded video/snapshot of the alarm event, or the live view, but just for the first camera. I am not able to select another camera to see its snapshots/recorded video/live view.

Of course if I check the playback I get the alarm event (red in timeline) for all the cameras, not just the first one.
I do not know if what I want (be able to switch to the other cameras when I get the push notification) is even feasible, I hope they did not restrict the push notification just to the footage coming from the camera which is on the same channel as the input alarm. I mean, I just get footage from the camera on the first channel in the NVR, and I am using the first alarm input.

Thank you very much!

jackal992

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
Any update/help on this?

If I did not make myself clear enough, what I would like to have is a push notification with the ability to view the recording that triggered the alarm (external alarm input) for ALL the cameras, since that event is setup to record all the channels. Instead what I get is a push notification that allows me to to check the footage of just one camera (the first one). I am not able to find a button (from the push notification screen that shows the footage of the first camera) to see immediately the recording of the same event for the other cameras enabled for that same input alarm trigger.
In order to see the other cameras' footage for that same event I need to go in the playback section of the app and look for an alarm event manually.
This is very frustrating...

Thank you!