Down n dirty cam.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Working on a 5231-z12 for LPR at my intersection.
Phase 1 of sprinkling lawn clippings over a mixture of wet battleship grey porch paint and some kind of exterior flat bronze/brown color.
I originally thought I could stuff it in the hose reel box, And then thought I'd try this first....I have to work out a kind of heavy base to screw it to so it isnt too easily disturbed....Like a chunk of 6x6 or....well I haven't got that far yet...I got a few chunks of PVC pipe and various odd pieces of lumber laying around......
:)

clip2.jpgclip3.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

1665702314462.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just painted my tree mounted cameras an OD green. Nobody really noticed them, or said anything, before I painted them. I really don't think most people even think about cameras the way we do, ignorance is bliss after all. I do have the Liquid Tite on the back of the trees so that's not obvious, but I painted that too. The OD green doesn't really blend all that well with oak bark, but unless you know where to look you'll never even notice them.

I keep long patch cables around just for that kind of thing and I have a spare cable running to the basement and attic as well.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow that Yuanley Switch is Shite.....Gigabit uplink port my Sac. 4port Poe 10/100. figured i could extend my cams past 8 ( limit of NVR) but this switch slowed down cams in BI so bad they are Stuttering....hmmmm SO much for this product.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
so your saying " Garbage"
I think I get it.
looking around for something else.
I gotta cut the electric usage on all this extra gear....2 Amcrest recorders and 2 switches plus the BI machine.
I was supposed to wean the house off the Analog system. but until I get a lobby/entryway cam were running the old DVR.
2 switches should be one.
I thought the Yuanley would be that switch....fukmi.
Better off with the Netgear 8port Gigabit w/4POE ports. for similar wattage.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing it installed. Love when cameras are hidden in plain sight through means like these...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
well due cutting my finger tips with a saw......
it had to put in a box on top of the hose reel box.....the shrub was too low and there is a tree in the way....i MAY have to mount the thing up in the big oak to get a better angle.....but for now...
1667525708140.png