Download recordings from ONVIF enabled DVRs/NVRs from HIKVISION, DAHUA using C# SDK

vodoca

n3wb
Reaction score
The newest DVRs from HIKVISION (F1) /DAHUA (S3) claim to conform with ONVIF specifications.
Not sure what it means - only that it supports connecting ONVIF devices to it or that it itself does act as an ONVIF device?

The three core tenets of ONVIF are about interoperability between network video products, regardless of manufacturer; standardizationof communication between network video devices; and be opento all companies and organizations.

The problem is how to download specific records from the remote DVR/NVR on demand with using just one software for multiple brands.
ONVIF has some specifications for this:

http://www.onvif.org/specs/srv/rsrch/ONVIF-RecordingSearch-Service-Spec-v221.pdf

But when I look to a library usable from C# like Ozeki Camera SDK, I do not see any examples about how to retrieve recordings.
Any ideas how to retrieve recordings from DAHUA, HIKVISION DVRs using one method?

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Download recordings from ONVIF enabled DVRs/NVRs from HIKVISION, DAHUA using C# S

Only if the "one method" involves writing a driver for each vendors device. ONVIF storage interfaces are barely supported by anybody at the moment, but most vendors publish or sell their SDK's. There's just been no real call for the back-end interfacing yet because that would start to impinge on the vendor exclusivity the CCTV suppliers have relied on for years.

I've been working with some guys speccing and writing an overall head-end to allow some government agency to be able to use a single interface into the array of disparate VMSs that are spread across many State owned projects, and I can tell you it has been an exercise in frustration talking to vendors and getting permission to use their SDK's (or even getting a copy). Some give it away freely, and some won't even sell it to you unless you go through one of their existing clients.

ONVIF storage compliance would make this a piece of cake.

Hikvision is one of those that does publish details publicly. Can't vouch for Dahua, never touched the stuff.