Driveway camera install.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm going to install a camera, most likely the starlight turret in one of my driveways, this one sits on the north side of the house, I was thinking a good choke point would be where the opening to the side of the house is right at the walkway that runs in front of the house, to get someone's face before they get to my car, side gate or side windows. Tried my test rig near the back corner where the privacy fence meets the house, it seems a little too far even at full zoom of the turret to get enough pixels wide on the face, I'm now thinking about just installing it near the top of the privacy fence, wouldn't give me enough zoom for where I wanted but by the time you got near the car doors it would, I normally back right up to the fence. There is also a big pipe to the right running up the side of the house for the electrical lines, I could do a pole mount but wouldn't see much of the car at night, but I'd get people before they got to the car, what do you guys think? I kinda feel like the gate mount gives me overview and face ID all at once, could it be vandalized? Sure but not before it recorded you the whole way up to it.