Driving slow, and making me a little worried

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This guy came down the street almost at idle, I'd say a slow jogging pace. With his window down, you can see the driver. Can anyone offer an opinion? Is that a white ballistic vest he's wearing?
Camera is the cheap Dahua turret IPC-HDW4431C-A retrofit with a 16mm lens.

Dahua4_2018-02-05_11.48.28.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that a mini-van he's driving? Do any of your neighbors have cams that you know of?

I'd keep a watch out, try to capture a plate if there's a next time...he could be a porch pirate and is looking to score. Or worse...THAT would be my real concern.

It's a shame that these days we look upon such activity with so much distrust and suspicion but you have to, as there ARE some bad people out there...better safe than sorry. o_O

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No not a vest. There's no bulk to it.

Did the 16mm fit inside the case? SLICK retro.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I guess he just has a strange sense of fashion!

Unfortunately the 16mm lens is just a few mm too long to completely fit inside. I had to break out the little glass window, then the lens fits through the hole with the end of the lens just flush with the outside of the case.I used the foam ring that had been inside around the lens, to fill the gap and then carefully painted the outside surface around the lens, so the whole thing is still somewhat sealed against moisture.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks TechBill, that would explain it. Guess I don't get out enough; I had never seen such a shirt before, so I didn't realize there would be camo sleeves on an otherwise plain white shirt. Another neighbor had earlier described that particular car possibly casing houses in the area, which is why I was originally looking at it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought the same thing... Better pic of the vehicle may help... could also be plain clothes LE...