DS-2CD2032-I - Bricked

Reaction score
I've had Pie and still losing the will to live..:mask:

Had 3 working DS-2CD2032-I cameras at home off ebay for £70 probably should not have updated the firmware. first the camearas went into Chinese only but now two bricked cameras,

Now only have 1 working on my NAS based NVR.

Ive tired TFTP
Raptor_2_520_f_10_14_c

and

also tried https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

The Hik SADP shows two of cameras but I can browses into all 3. only one is left showing up on the NVR software based in my Asustor NAS (http://www.asustor.com/product?p_id=41&lan=en)
hik_tool.JPG

Can someone please point me in the right direction..

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried pinging 192.0.0.64 to see if they are working. Do this with just the broken camera connected.

I know the horse had bolted but DS-2CD2032-I non-Chinese models are only £99 in the UK with VAT paid rather than £70 from China and maybe some VAT/import fees.

Reaction score
Thanks for reply, cant ping that IP as I have set them to my own 192 range (see photo above) and at time didnt know they coming from china was uk seller, uk camera but lesson learnt, just dont want to throw away 2 cameras over firmware :((

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you clarify the status a bit please - I'm not sure I follow.
The Hik SADP shows two of cameras but I can browses into all 3.
The SADP for the 2 cameras looks normal - can you access these cameras OK via the browser?
Are they on the correct IP addresses for your network?
What is the IP address of your PC?

When you tried this firmware with the Hikvision tftp updater that is with it, what did the tftp tool say in the status window when you tried it?
Did you have the PC IP address set to 192.0.0.128 and not using WiFi, a wired connection?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UK seller from China, odd.

+1 for the set your IP to 192.0.0.128 and then run ping 192.0.0.64 -t before power cycling faulty camera.