DS-2CD2032-I help

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, looking forward to buy DS-2CD2032-I and reading the forum. I was told by a seller that camera comes without a power supply or PoE adapter, which is sad. HOT2014 Hikvision Original gun waterproof security network cctv camera DS 2CD2032 I 3MP IR ip camera mini support POE-in CCTV Cameras from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I definitely need PoE adapter as I do not have any power around. Found these ones 5 Pieces/lot power over ethernet poe splitter & injector 12V 1A output CCTV camera RJ45 connector poe switch Free Shipping-in AC/DC Adapters from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group but not sure if they are OK for the camera.

What other surprises I may get? Is this camera for China or International?

Thanks a lot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, thats good information. Yes, I saw TP-Link 150S, but was confused the output number, it says max 48VDC and the camera is just 12VDC. Is it safe to use it? And are all cameras coming without a power supply/POE adapter or just China version? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera can be powered by 12v via a regular 12v adapter OR via true poe which can provide up to 48v...the poe switch or injectors from amazon are what you want... IEEE 802.3af compliant
All hikvision cams (as well as most other poe cameras) come without the adapter because they are poe....adding an adapter with each camera is a waste as most will never be used and would add a few dollars to the cost....

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera can be powered by 12v via a regular 12v adapter OR via true poe which can provide up to 48v...the poe switch or injectors from amazon are what you want...IEEE 802.3af compliant
Got it, thank you.
All hikvision cams (as well as most other poe cameras) come without the adapter because they are poe....adding an adapter with each camera is a waste as most will never be used and would add a few dollars to the cost....
Thats true, but for home users like me, who need just a full package, rather then headache to search PoE adaptor. :D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually using an adapter is a much bigger headache and mess than using poe- with an adapter you need to run two cables to the camera and you need to have an outlet close to the cam...
...also keep in mind that most of these manufactures do not sell directly to end users..the added cost cannot be justified..
You can also use a standard 12v 1a adapter...but i wouldnt mess with that...run a single ethernet cable to the camera and use poe..

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually using an adapter is a much bigger headache...
Yes, I wasn't clear enough, I meant without PoE adapter. I bought Ubiquiti AirCam IP Camera(not happy with, cause a glitchy server software) and it came with PoE adapter(happy with). Now I got 2 server software running together UnifyVideo and Blue Iris. And looking for another IP cameras which can work directly with Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I see...ubiquity uses their own specialized poe (at least they used to) and they built the cost of the adapter into the price....I know that Grandstream used to also include a standard 12v adapter...personally i prefer that they dont so that the unit costs less and i can pick and choose the right one for me...Regardless, you will be happy with the hikvision..while looking at the 2032, also consider the 2332 turret, its looks better and has slightly better nightvision as well.

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I like your idea about TP-Link, will think about it, I already use a lot of TP-Link products, such as PowerLines. :) Will check 2332, thanks. BTW, I asked seller about version (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT2014-Hikvision-Original-gun-waterproof-security-network-cctv-camera-DS-2CD2032-I-3MP-IR-ip-camera/2027580036.html) and was told that this is English version, is he lying? Or they may have English version too? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"English" is very different than US...the next time you flash the firmware it will revert to chinese...there are many threads on this...there are ways to change it back to English...

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How about Amazon version, do they come as really English version or same as China ones? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How about Amazon version, do they come as really English version or same as China ones? Thanks
It depends on the seller....you would have to ask them directly...also you would have to test it when you get it to make sure they were not lying...

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It depends on the seller....you would have to ask them directly...also you would have to test it when you get it to make sure they were not lying...
So except the language issue the cameras are good, right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that camera...firmware is all the same..there is no benefit to newer firmware..

cenktezcan

n3wb
Reaction score
i use that camera with tplink 150s adaptor it is working with 150 mt awg 23 cat6 cable.

Oleg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score