DS-2CD2032-I Line Detection Help

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with HIKvision's in-camera line detection?

I have two of my bazillion cameras watching the front. One is pointed from the front of the house to the street and the other looks back toward the front door. Both are for general security and protect my wife's car which she parks in the driveway.

Both cameras are Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP Bullets.

Need some help please:
I got a lot of palm trees around my house. They all make humongous shadows on the driveway during the day. Big ones that move a lot. To keep BI from triggering into insanity I have the minimum object size cranked way up. I'm not comfortable with that.

The DS-2CD2032-I has intrusion detection settings internal to the camera. I want to use the line crossing detection in the Events section. Will this trigger BI? If not, how would it show?

I'm lost on this and any help from someone doing it would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with HIKvision's in-camera line detection?

I have two of my bazillion cameras watching the front. One is pointed from the front of the house to the street and the other looks back toward the front door. Both are for general security and protect my wife's car which she parks in the driveway.

Both cameras are Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP Bullets.

Need some help please:
I got a lot of palm trees around my house. They all make humongous shadows on the driveway during the day. Big ones that move a lot. To keep BI from triggering into insanity I have the minimum object size cranked way up. I'm not comfortable with that.

The DS-2CD2032-I has intrusion detection settings internal to the camera. I want to use the line crossing detection in the Events section. Will this trigger BI? If not, how would it show?

I'm lost on this and any help from someone doing it would be appreciated.
You cannot use the in camera motion to trigger bi with the 2032, you can only do it (at this time) with hikvision cameras that have alarm outs...
The solution is to clone the camera and have a separate threshold for alerts vs recording...you can hide the cloned camera so it doesnt display double ...
Ken indicated that line cross detection is coming to BI at some point.

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Federman -
You're always the guy with a hand out to help.
Thanks.

I remember Ken mentioning a big push in the future for motion detection.
Looking forward to it.

Thanks again.