DS-2CD2032-I Power Connector type?

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What type of power connector does this camera take (if not using POE)? I found no relevant documentation on the HikVision site nor in the camera package.

I have an older camera of this type that works fine (dedicated PS, no POE), but two new ones are giving me problems (they use POE).
Thinking it may be a POE issue, I would like to test by providing power via the separate power input connector instead of POE.
But all I have is a bulk 12V power supply, I need to get the right connector, hence my question!

Regards,

PS: I can check my older camera's power supply to determine if it is center positive or center negative, so I really just need to know the connector type ... hopefully once I know that I can go to my local electronics shop to pick up a couple.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision website tells you what you need.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
5.5 x 2.1 mm end, center positive. This is the standard plug for almost all CCTV cameras. The camera accepts 12 volt (+/- 10%) and uses a max of 7 watts (thus I'd recommend a 12v, 1 amp (1000 ma) to be sure that you're covered. Could probably get away with one even as low as 600ma, but if you're buying new, I'd still go for the 1amp/1000ma considering it's not really much difference in price. Plus the 1amp wouldn't run as hot.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks all ... your info should be enough to help me get what I need!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks all ... your info should be enough to help me get what I need!
Before you waste time and money on the adapter...what is the issue you are having that you believe is caused by poe? What poe device are you using? These cameras work just fine on poe...

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was concerned it might be an issue with my POE switch perhaps ... however after sorting out some configuration issues I now have them working reliably via POE!
But it is still good to know what the connector type is ... might use that for some more remote cameras since I already have a good 5A 12V PS with 4 output terminals.