DS-2CD2032-I Weird after update :'(

shinigaimi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive been lurking on this forum for a while to figure this damn thing out :(

I have 2 devices that I goofed up and updated firmware like a dummy now one is in chinese (mtd hack fixes I assume) and another says the IP is 192.168.1.64 but I am unable to access it via SADP tool to change IP it gives me an error "Time Out"

I included a picture of my SADP tool

The first camera (192.168.10.100) at the top of the list is in chinese now

The last camera on the list (192.168.1.64) wont activate unable to load web gui but TFTP seems to connect but never finishes the firmware update process

I found this thread it fixed the first camera but its in chinese now the 2nd is just goofed up :(
Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Is it possible to "RIP" the firmware from a working camera and fix the two that are chinese & down? all the cameras are exactly the same chinese models :(

Thanks in advance! :D

Attachments

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Change Gateway last ip cam , put 192.168.10.1 and put ipv4adress 192.168.10.64
put this using SADP
then ip cam will be available in web gui.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The last camera on the list (192.168.1.64) wont activate unable to load web gui but TFTP seems to connect but never finishes the firmware update process
The last camera is in 'Min-system mode', as seen from the 4.0.8 firmware version via SADP.
This is a basic minimal system recovery mode, with no web services, no application.
This mode is entered when incompatible firmware has been loaded.
Quite often the 'downgrader' you've linked to would fix that. Did you use the 1-line version? The 4-line version has been known to be troublesome.
As it's not a CN camera (RR in the serial number, if that's real. Do you recall what it was originally?), you could try some firmware from here with the tftp updater.
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

shinigaimi

n3wb
Reaction score
it was the same batch as the rest so it WAS a chinese, I accidentally used the firmware that i got from the link i mentioned in my first post on the wrong camera so it messed it up!

also what is the "1-line version"?

The last camera is in 'Min-system mode', as seen from the 4.0.8 firmware version via SADP.
This is a basic minimal system recovery mode, with no web services, no application.
This mode is entered when incompatible firmware has been loaded.
Quite often the 'downgrader' you've linked to would fix that. Did you use the 1-line version? The 4-line version has been known to be troublesome.
As it's not a CN camera (RR in the serial number, if that's real. Do you recall what it was originally?), you could try some firmware from here with the tftp updater.
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
also what is the "1-line version"?
It's the 'normal version' of the 'downloader' firmware.
The 4-line version adds back 4 lines for line crossing detection, but doesn't always work well.
would it be possible to update the camera with a chinese firmware to get the camera working again?
There is nothing to be lost trying, and maybe something to be gained.

shinigaimi

n3wb
Reaction score
It's the 'normal version' of the 'downloader' firmware.
The 4-line version adds back 4 lines for line crossing detection, but doesn't always work well.

There is nothing to be lost trying, and maybe something to be gained.
where would i find the "1-line version" ? also do you know where I can download the a chinese or working firmware so I ca get back up and running and flash it back down to 5.2.5 (english)?