DS-2CD2032 motion trigger questions

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two 2032 both same firmware, I set both cams up with identical setting in blue iris and the gui web page.. I have one camera that set off easy and the other with same setting does not. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts? Very sensitive at night especially in rain. One cam from amazon with us writing and other is off ebay with Chinese writing .i did not have to change any thing on this one it was in English already. Setting are default in gui . Hope i supplied enough info. At work now if more info on setting is needed i can get tonight ..B2R

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying motion detection works with both cams but one is much more sensitive than the other and you can't figure out why? If so, I would suggest exporting one camera's setup and import it for the other just to see if that fixes some setting you missed. Change the camera name/ID/address and nothing else.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just BI. As long as the camera is providing a video stream that meets your expectations there is not much reason to mess with it.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As long as the camera is providing a video stream that meets your expectations there is not much reason to mess with it.
Day is not bad could be clearer but night is not to good. But i have not really started playing with that yet.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
bp2008

I Exported the one cam file and saved, then imported it to the other cam as suggested. I lost that camera it just made a copy of the other camera when importing?? Did i do something wrong?

If i try to change ip address it will mot let me

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you import configuration, it makes an exact copy of the camera you had exported. Then you just need to change the camera name and the address. I don't know where you are trying to change the IP address but there is no reason for it to not let you.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I go to camera property change ip from .125 to .130 click ok then the button is grayed out.

More info .. i deleted the camera i was trying to import too which was ip.130. then just changed the ip on original one to to the suspected cameras ip's address .130.. that seemed to keep all setting. Added the othe camera back in and will try to compare.

Photobucket seems to host
lookpic does not

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
OK is probably gray as long as you have not changed the short name of the camera, since that has to be unique.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! I missed that with the short name!! Worked like a charm. going to test tonight..

So far they both seem to be working good!!

Last edited: