DS-2CD2083G0-I 12pin PCB connector

Nopea

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea what the specific model of the JCB connector that connects the CAT cable to the OCB and where one could buy one?

My plan is to replace the whole ethernet cable, with a weather resistant cable. The reason why I removed the original one is because the camera is mounted against the wall with no junction box there is not room for the weather sealed female connector.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea what the specific model of the JCB connector that connects the CAT cable to the OCB and where one could buy one?
I'm not familiar with the internals of that specific camera model - but I do know that Hikvision have moved away from the very common 'ZH' form of JST connector and have started using the 'GH' latching form of connector.

So maybe you need to search for '12-pin 1.25mm GH JST' connector'.
It might be something like this :

My plan is to replace the whole ethernet cable, with a weather resistant cable.
To do this you would also need the GH pins, and a suitable crimp tool to attach them to the wires.
A while back, I looked for pre-made ethernet cables using this format of JST connector pin on AliExpress but didn't find any, I ended up splicing the cable instead of replacing it.

It might be easier to splice in the new cable, keeping the joint internal to the camera, using a suitable selection of shrink-wrap sleeving for protection.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It might be easier to splice in the new cable, keeping the joint internal to the camera, using a suitable selection of shrink-wrap sleeving for protection.
+1
And if this turns out to be the OP's route AND there's sufficient wire length on both sides of the splice, one might be able to stagger each splice point so it lies above or below the adjacent splice, not beside it, so that the overall diameter is reduced, allowing it to pass through a hole smaller than it would be if all the splices were next to each other...whew!

OK, imagine what a boa constrictor looks like after swallowing a large animal! :lol: