DS-2CD2132-I vs DS-2CD2532F-I

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From what i can tell the only difference is size and ir range.

Does anyone happen to own both cameras they can photo side by side?. I am trying to get a feel for the true size difference

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From what i can tell the only difference is size and ir range.

Does anyone happen to own both cameras they can photo side by side?. I am trying to get a feel for the true size difference
There are several photos here http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2158 ..there is a comparison between the DS-2CD2532F-I and the much larger varifical DS-2CD2732F-Is but not the DS-2CD2132-I.

I have installed the DS-2CD2532F-I its is very small and is a great camera. Aside from the size difference the DS-2CD2532F-I has an sd card slot that you can use as backup incase your NVR is stolen. Additionally the DS-2CD2532F-IS has an option for audio....you need to order the "s" model DS-2CD2532F-IS. The S model in this hikvision (unlike the larger and more expensive 2CD2732F-Is varifocal dome) actually includes the MIC. But you need to buy your own powered speaker and mount it near the camera.

The DS-2CD2532F-I is also a 3-axis camera so you can mount it to a wall unlike the DS-2CD2132-I.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't decide. The DS-2CD2132-I is cheaper than the DS-2CD2132-I - $125 vs DS-2CD2532F-I - $185 and better specwise ie 3 times the ir distance so logic says go with the DS-2CD2132-I.
But...the DS-2CD2532F-I looks to be really small in size thus less intrusive/ideal for a home installation which is what im doing currently.

BTW - Am i seeing a nude camera critic in this photo? :)
http://www.networkcameracritic.com/Hikvision/ds-2cd2532f-i camera size.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tough choice. The SD card for me is the greatest benefit. The larger size may be beneficial as a deterrent. I did notice very good low light/ir performance on the DS-2CD2532F-I however I only tested indoors, and I cannot compare it to the other hiks that I have mounted outside.
Maybe network camera critic can help with some more info and maybe edit the photo (although I think he is wearing shorts) :) @networkcameracritic

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have never used a sd card in a ip camera, but it could be useful. ive always used ftp. how do you get around them filling up?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have never used a sd card in a ip camera, but it could be useful. ive always used ftp. how do you get around them filling up?
You set it to overwrite when its full.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Received a DS-2CD2532F-IS today. It is actually a little bigger than i thought it would be. (Camera next to it is YCAM HD not recommended) Looking forward to setting it up.

hikvision.jpghikvision3.jpghikvision2.jpg

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's 91F today, so I won't take pictures of domes, but for an outdoor vandal dome with 3-axis adjustments it's small but hard to compare to a cube camera.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the DS-2CD2532F. Question for current owners or those familiar with Hikvision.

1. What firmware are you running?.
My camera shows V5.1.2 build 140116 but according to the Hikvision website the current firmware is V5.0 build 140110.

2. Will yours accept a canonical name for ftp servers?. The only way it works for me is if i use the servers ip address. If not i get wrong server address errors:

hik.jpg

3. Does the back of your camera get hot?

Last edited by a moderator:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The latest firmware from Hikvision is 5.1.2. USA office lags a bit behind domestic and global production. If you go to Hikvision Europe site, it had 5.1.2 for a while now. Does not fix much that I noticed over 5.1. The only thing I noticed is you can take snapshots using from an URL that does not work in 5.1. Frankly, much happier with 5.0.2 as it works with Mac's.

What I'm assuming you mean by canonical is domain names and it's likely you didn't setup the IP configuration property for the DNS servers, so it can't find domain names but finds IP addresses. You can do an ipconfig /all in a command window in Windows (or ifconfig -a in a terminal window in OSX or in Linux) to see what your PC uses for DNS, typically the gateway address, sometimes the ISP's DNS servers. As for heat, yes, all these cameras give off heat, heck my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone gives off even more heat but I use it as a hand warmer in the winter.

Reactions: RDC