DS-2CD2143G0-I - Can't find it on the network

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SADP doesn't see it, the port is PoE enabled. The camera seems like it boots, 3 red lights around the camera lens and then a green flashing activity light continually flashes. I've reset the device a few times according to their directions. I'm not sure what else to try other than someone else's' PoE switch.

Any suggestions? This is straight from the box from the store.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a 12v supply. Ping does not respond. I tried another PoE switch with the same results.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Are you using a prebuilt Ethernet cable that is cat5e or better? Test with a cable less than 10 ft.
2) Who did you buy the camera from ?
3) What is the manufacturer and model number of your POE switch ?
4) is the PC connected directly to the switch ?
5) What is the internal IP address of your router ?
6) What is the internal IP address of your PC ?

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Hikvision turret connected to this same Netgear switch, it's not maxed out on PoE. The first switch was a Cisco business class PoE switch that had the right configurations. I've tried multiple cables, all pre-made Cat5E and CAT6a cables. Both sites are using a Class A subnet. I even set the MAC address of the camera to obtain an IP in that range. When it boots, after about a 40 seconds there's a click noise on the camera. Camera came from a US based store that I'm probably going to end up exchanging.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using a Class A address (10.x.x.x) then you'd need to change the PC IP address to something in the 192.168.1.x range to ping the camera on 192.168.1.64 or access the web GUI.
DHCP is not on by default

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried that as well. The turret had DHCP on by default, this model must be different. But I set my computer to 192.168.1.100 and still could not ping it. I'm pretty certain it's a dud. It's on it's way back to the store.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same thing with the new one. Hikvision support was totally useless. I plugged the camera into a POE switch, that switch is fed DHCP. SADP can't find it and a ping sweep tool does not pick it up.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got in. I had to put my computer port and camera on the same vlan and then statically assigned the computer the IP. Strange that I had to do that but it's working now.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I realize that, I assumed that this device would detect DHCP and just use that like my newer Hikvision. I do still think the other one was bad as it kept clicking.