DS-2CD2332-I Comes and Goes in SADP

jbreslow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Just bought my first Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and I am having trouble staying connected to it. When I check for the camera using the SADP program it either shows up or it doesn't, it is totally hit or miss. When it does show up, I am not able to access the camera via web browser. Sometimes everything works and I can view the image in a browser, but it eventually it stops working.

I have it powered with 12v, not PoE, and have tried multiple network cables being connected to a switch then my router and also connected directly to my router.

Anybody have any idea what the deal is? Should I return the camera?

Thank you

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
12v from where? Battery? Injector? Order the injector from amazon to rule out this flaky 12v source.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have it powered with 12v, not PoE, and have tried multiple network cables being connected to a switch then my router and also connected directly to my router.
Look at your power supply and let us know how much current it's putting out. 1.0A 500mA etc?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You do need to eliminate the power supply and its wiring as a possible cause of this problem.
Ideally connect a different one and check the camera status.
You need a 12v DC regulated power supply rated as being able to supply 1A or more.

dalepa

Reaction score
If not a network problem (try a different PC/switch), Im guessing power supply problem. Try a different one or get this $10 POE injector I've seen power supplies have this issue.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jbreslow

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help. I'll get an actual PoE injector and try it with that and see what happens.

I have tried several different Power Supplies, one with an output of 1A and 1.5A.

jbreslow

n3wb
Reaction score
I got a PoE injector and the camera is much more stable now. Thank you for the help.

jbreslow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am back and still having an issue connecting to my camera. It might be a different problem now though. So, the camera had been up for days without issue. I remotely logged in to my home computer and made some changes to the iSpy program I use to record the camera, which required me to restart the program. As soon as I did, I lost connection to the camera. It randomly shows up in SADP, and when it does, I can't access it via my local network at home or by its public IP address.

Anybody have any idea what is kicking it off-line? Are there any logs I can look at to help troubleshoot this issue?

The PoE Injector that I am using: http://amzn.com/B001PS9E5I

Thanks,
Josh

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.