DS-2CD2335FWD-I or IPC-HDW5231R-Z

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to replace two hikvision DS-2CD2332 cameras. Which one has the better image?

The HDW5231R-Z is listed as end of life on there site, what is the replacement? I like the idea of the varifocal lens and going by the reviews here the varifocal lens version has better low light.

The DS-2CD2335FWD-I does not seem as popular and then there is the DS-2CD2H35FWD-IZS....to many options!

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any good sellers on Aliexpress carry it? I just read an article that said if you want to cover a wide open area the more megapixels the better.

Do you think that is the case?

Thanks for the reply.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With Aliexpress you are very likely to get a Chinese firmware camer that can’t be upgraded. I personally use 123securityproducts.com. They have good service, but any of Hik’s distributors in the US will get you a non-Chinese camera.

As far as MP go, if you want just to see what is going on, anything above 2MP is fine. If you want facial recognition over a wide area, even a 4K won’t do it.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually I’m in the states, I’ve bought all my other Hikvision from Aliexpress have had no issues.

And yeah they where Chinese or the WR version but all had English.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You cannot use US or European firmware or the camera will be bricked.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
seriously? So if i flash it with firmware from the region it's from it will work?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Video looks the same in Chinese! Google translate can fix the menu...besides even if it is in Chinese isn't there a drop down menu for language selection.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have fun. See other posts where they did the same. Only Chinese on drop down menu.

Last edited: