DS-2CD2342WD-I night/day vision problem

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The other day my 2342 cam started having issues where it doesn't switch to night vision. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The other day my 2342 cam started having issues where it doesn't switch to night vision. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Thanks.
what happens when you log into the camera and select night mode.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Should I keep the same sensitivity? It was at 4 and had worked with that setting for over a year. Yes, I am using BI.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay. I went into BI and my light was grayed out for my Hikvision. All my dahua cams let me click and hold on the button and they all changed to A. My Hikvision would not work but after I did it to all of the dahua cameras I went back to my Hikvision camera and the light was still grayed but it now has a faint A in the box. What gives?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. I went into BI and my light was grayed out for my Hikvision. All my dahua cams let me click and hold on the button and they all changed to A. My Hikvision would not work but after I did it to all of the dahua cameras I went back to my Hikvision camera and the light was still grayed but it now has a faint A in the box. What gives?
if its grayed out you dont have the option to toggle...you likely need to choose hikvision 2cd from the dropdown list to have the option..regardless, its better that you dont have the option so you dont accidentally click it..there is no reason to manually toggle ir on a regular basis.