DS-2CD2385FWD-I Quality drop

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
Im starting to notice the quality of one of 3 DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras deteriorating, especially at night. The picture is very noisy and pix-elated, seemed to be ok few months ago but i feel quality getting worse compared to other cameras. ive tried many things from new firmware, changing setting h264-h265, resolution, only option which has some improvement is exposure setting, its always been on 1/25 like other cameras , but by having it on other settings it effects it causes ghosting of fast moving objects eg cars and people.

I have DS-2CD2385FWD-I x 3 8mp on medium quality
I have DS-2CD1341-I x 1 4mp on medium

on DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P NVR

Is camera faulty? or would it need the lens wiping if i get ladders out wipe down the front?

Many Thanks For any feedback/ help

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Videos are required.

Need a video of the camera with issues, a video of the camera that is working ok. Need a screen shot of the cameras video setting from both cameras

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like you have a setting problem.

Are the IR on for both cameras ?

Need the screen shots for both cameras the camera settings.
camera conditions,
camera video

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like you have a setting problem.

Are the IR on for both cameras ?

Need the screen shots for both cameras the camera settings.
camera conditions,
camera video
The IR are on as just popped to look

The cameras all brand new and genuine not Chinese grey . the left camera is coming to 2 years running, second right camera about 4 months old.

Regarding the settings, ive played around with everything , ive even exported and imported settings from one camera to another.

could a faulty firmware caused damaged?

the poor camera seemed to had focus issue firmware V5.5.51_Build180326 (Released) Focus issue but ive updated it inc other cameras too , but still same issue

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The pixelation is on both cameras, It is just more on the camera that is closer to the street light.

Need some example from the daylight.

more info the pictures to be
on the camera image tab what are the values or screen shot for
Image Enhancement
Image adjustment
exposure setting
white balance.

Just a suggestion on both cameras set the Iframe value to the same as the frame value 20.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The daylight pictures look good to me.
Try setting the noise reduction level to 40% reboot the camera. test for a few hours at night.

I do not think that this is a physical camera problem. It may be a light problem or a setting problem.
Make sure the lens and IR are clean.

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
The daylight pictures look good to me.
Try setting the noise reduction level to 40% reboot the camera. test for a few hours at night.

I do not think that this is a physical camera problem. It may be a light problem or a setting problem.
Make sure the lens and IR are clean.
Thank you very much for your help. I'll try giving it a clean tomorrow when its stop raining and adjust the noise , main issue constant noise at night. as it wasn't like it before maybe abit with car headlights but not with street light.