DS-2CD2432-ISW Alarm Output Query

msryhajw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone have any experience with the Alarm Input / Outputs on a DS-2CD2432-ISW?

What settings need to be enabled in the configuration menu - I have tried activating them and the weird thing is then in IVMS activating the manual alarm switch is reducing the output voltage which is minimal so I am guessing that this is not a powered output and would need to go through a relay? Has anyone any success of using the alarm output ...

What I am trying to accomplish is activation from the PIR of an external siren or light and the ability to manual control it via IVMS like in this video:
Any help appreciated?

TIA

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
According to the manual, http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014011315481270965.pdf, the external alarm input can be configured for either normally open or normally closed. You would connect the leads from a sensor, such as from a magnetic door sensor, or a PIR sensor, and choose the appropriate NO/NC setting based on the sensor you are using. When the attached sensor changes states, the alarm on the camera will be triggered.

The alarm output should be a set of contacts that close when the camera's alarm is triggered. As an example, I could wire these contacts to a Z-wave door sensor, and set things up so that my VeraLite controller would see that door sensor go to a triggered state when the camera's PIR sensor is triggered. Then my VeraLite could initiate what ever actions I want it to perform.

If you want to control a light or siren, you could to do it via a relay, but I haven't been able to find any specifications that would indicate what kind of control voltage you could run through these contacts.

msryhajw

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks digger11 :)

I did some testing on the control voltage and it is registering 16.3 μA and 19.4mV - I will ask Hikvision direct as to the specs and hope they know ;)

I will have to use a relay for this as the Alarm I/O is purely control voltages

Last edited by a moderator: