DS-2CD2432F "Failed to open sound" on iVMS-4200

Ouch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hiya

As per topic title really, Clean install of iVMS and a new, out of box cube-camera from Hikvision.

After connecting to the camera in iVMS, I get video without issue, but when i tell it to enable Audio in the main control window I get a popup in the bottom of the screen that says "Failed to open sound Error Code PlayCtrl.dll(2)".

PC is windows 10 64bit, camera has latest firmware V5.3.3 (it has been updated, shipped version was 5.3.something and behaved the same way).

Similarly I can not get audio using firefox (similar error: "Audio On Failed"), and the only way I can get audio using the android app, is to open the mic for 2way audio (not a solution IMO).

Any thoughts on how I can get this working??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouch

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay. I appear to have sorted it.

For the record if anyone else has this problem, there's a setting on the configuration page (via browser), under the video/audio heading, where you need to change the Video type from "Video" to "Video & Audio". Save the settings, and voila! you now have audio!

Reaction score
What do you mean 'there's a setting on the configuration page (via browser)'? I have just looked at the date - I am using iVMS-4200 and the configuration setting does not appear

Ouch

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, that was badly written - I should have said its a camera setting - so you need to go to the cameras configuration webpage (usually just the ip address of the camera). It's not a client side software thing.

Ouch

n3wb
Reaction score
How is the camera/network/pc set up? What is the browser saying? not found? access denied?

Ouch

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the computer you're using on the same subnet? Does the cameras IP address respond to pings?
I suspect the problem is more network related than camera or settings.