DS-2CD2432F-IW Camera Blue Iris connection problem

mrdizle

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me with this problem.
I have multiple Hikvisions in my network, including two DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras.
Everything worked fine for many years. Yesterday, one of the DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras cannot connect by Blue Iris. The others work fine.

I checked on my desktop and I see non-functional camera on SADP and I can ping it and connect with Explorer. On this computer, everything works fine.

However, it seems that my Server computer will not connect to the nonfunctional Hikvision. I cannot connect by Blue Iris, Explorer, and I can't even Ping it. It is as if Windows on the Server is blocking the IP address?
I disabled firewall and still can't connect.

Anything I can try to troubleshoot it? Thanks!

mrdizle

n3wb
Reaction score
What IP address does SADP show, and what is the IP address of the PC?
Does the IP address as shown by SADP match what it was originally configured as, for BI?
The IP address of the camera by SADP is 192.168.1.28. That is what is entered in the Server PC's Blue Iris configuration. When autoconfiguring with Blue Iris, it tries connecting, and everything fails. Even Windows cannot ping the camera, but it can ping all other cameras. It is as if Windows is blocking the IP address. I made no changes to the Server, so it is bizarre this is happening.

My desktop computer, which is different than the Server, can ping the camera and connect with Explorer.

Reaction score
Do you have port forwarding configured, or uPnP enabled on your router?
Is it possible someone hacked and changed the password on this camera?

mrdizle

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have port forwarding configured, or uPnP enabled on your router?
Is it possible someone hacked and changed the password on this camera?
Thanks for your reply. My login and password are the same. I am able to login using a web browser on the Desktop computer. Everything works fine from that computer and the camera login info is correct.

It is just from the Server that it all of a sudden stopped being able to access that camera on the network! Can't ping it, can't access with browser. I made no changes on the Server, and the Server can see the other 3 Hikvisions with no problem.

I disabled UPnP... I am connecting from within the LAN.

Reaction score
If that's the case, try completely deleting/removing the camera from Blue Iris. This should clear any invalid information stored in the program. Exit the program, then restart the program before re-adding the camera. This often works when I've had issues with camera configurations.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
if what Vorlonfrog suggested doesn't help. try this:
1) turn off the 'bad' cam (by unplugging power or poe ethernet to that cam only)
2) from your PC, ping the cam's IP 192.168.1.28.
if you can still ping that IP with the cam off, you have an IP address conflict with another device on the network.
check your dhcp settings at your router...

mrdizle

n3wb
Reaction score
if what Vorlonfrog suggested doesn't help. try this:
1) turn off the 'bad' cam (by unplugging power or poe ethernet to that cam only)
2) from your PC, ping the cam's IP 192.168.1.28.
if you can still ping that IP with the cam off, you have an IP address conflict with another device on the network.
check your dhcp settings at your router...

Thanks for everyone's assistance. I also have an Nvidia Shield connected to the lan switch and noticed that it was having difficulty connecting via Plex to my Server in the basement.
So I swapped out a new LAN switch and everything seems to be working normally now! Thank you!